Reef Builder Alternative

Asagi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any alternatives to reef builders, namely reef therapy? Any good reef podcasts? I already listen to reef bum. Hoping for something from a contributor with 20+ year experience.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not one for podcasts but a guy named Brock Lennord does an “all about” channel. He does individual episodes that are about a certain fish, invert or coral. Not sure if this is what youre looking for but I watch a lot when Im looking into a fish or invert and looking for info

OP
OP
Asagi

Asagi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not one for podcasts but a guy named Brock Lennord does an “all about” channel. He does individual episodes that are about a certain fish, invert or coral. Not sure if this is what youre looking for but I watch a lot when Im looking into a fish or invert and looking for info
Just looking for something to listen to while doing maintenance. Reef therapy was my go to, but all the new content is lacking.

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed about Reef Therapy's decline; I like Remy OK, but he's definitely brought the hyper-produced radio show vibe to the show, which IMO makes it unlistenable.
Reef beef is fun, but it feels like 20% of the podcast is their ad reads; plus, they can be fairly adult in humor, which isn't usually my cup of tea. Love the stuff that Rich does, but I just follow him on other things to keep up.
I have heard good things about Reefbum, but I haven't listened yet. Reef Recap w/ Salem can be fun too, though it's pretty hit or miss.

Ironwill723

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Kalamazoo Reefer has good content. He's on youtube and all the other platforms.

OP
OP
Asagi

Asagi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed about Reef Therapy's decline; I like Remy OK, but he's definitely brought the hyper-produced radio show vibe to the show, which IMO makes it unlistenable.
Reef beef is fun, but it feels like 20% of the podcast is their ad reads; plus, they can be fairly adult in humor, which isn't usually my cup of tea. Love the stuff that Rich does, but I just follow him on other things to keep up.
I have heard good things about Reefbum, but I haven't listened yet. Reef Recap w/ Salem can be fun too, though it's pretty hit or miss.
Yea I can’t get into Remy. He just doesn’t seem to have any experience. Same with Raj. Not sure he has ever owned a reef tank. I’ve revisited a number of old reef therapy episodes a number of times, but I need something new. You might like the rappin with reefbum segments when he has different guest on. He really lets the guests talk which I appreciate. A number of good guests. Check out this one with Tony Vargus.

Tony Vargus Episode

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just looking for something to listen to while doing maintenance. Reef therapy was my go to, but all the new content is lacking.
Ahhh I see! Im a true crime podcast and show person lol

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 27 16.6%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 68 41.7%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 22 13.5%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 36 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.1%
Back