Which manganese powder to get?

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Loud Wolf has
MANGANESE SULFATE MONOHYDRATE (169.02g/mol)
And I also found
Manganese Chloride Tetrahydrate (197.905 g/mol)

Which one of these would be better for mixing into a dosing solution (if I can get my hands on the second one!)

We have a local science company that may be able to order it for me if they don’t carry it, unless someone knows where to buy it!

Or is there other options.

I dose quite a bit of this to my tank….i have noticed a difference when I don’t dose so I obviously believe that the corals need this or use it in a beneficial way. I’m just looking for the most cost effective solution to make a solution!!! ;)

Obviously once I determine the right powdered form of manganese I’ll probably need help with the math.

OP
OP
Reefing_addiction

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The hydration state makes no difference aside from potency.
That’s for confirming my suspicions. All the reading in the world but wanted confirmation.

What would you say the highest concentration one should make to dose into our tanks?

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We can get the MnSO4 on amazon. Mixed up 3g in a liter of rodi, which is about 1 g Mn. This is about 10x triton's concentration as Mn in a bottle, so we dilute 1:10 and dose 1ml per day in 100 gallons tank.

OP
OP
Reefing_addiction

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We can get the MnSO4 on amazon. Mixed up 3g in a liter of rodi, which is about 1 g Mn. This is about 10x triton's concentration as Mn in a bottle, so we dilute 1:10 and dose 1ml per day in 100 gallons tank.
My current dose is 8ml daily (roughly)

I have a bottle that I bought when I was actively doing the moonshiners program.

I recently added a large amount of LPS - more specifically I added 8 gonis to my current 8. So I upped the dose- I was at 5 prior.

I look into the Amazon stuff!
I want to check out local science company first

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s for confirming my suspicions. All the reading in the world but wanted confirmation.

What would you say the highest concentration one should make to dose into our tanks?

I don’t know what the highest possible concentration would be, but I also would not aim for that since an error might lead to problematic levels much faster.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 21 16.4%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 55 43.0%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 17 13.3%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 28 21.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 5.5%
Back