BTA Can't Find A Happy Place

udsmkh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had my BTA for two months now and it has not stopped moving. I initially placed it on a rock "island" separate from the rest of the LR. The BTA has moved up, down and around the rock island several times but can't seem to be happy. It does not expand out like it wants more light, it actually stays some what deflated. All my softies, SPS and clam are doing great and growing.

I realize under normal circumstances you would not want to move a nem but I am wondering if I should move it to the rest of the LR so it can find a spot and stop moving.

The tank is an 11 month old 120 long, 3X 125W LEDs, 1.025 salinity, 8.3 pH, 0 amm 0 trite 0 trate, 80 F temp

IMAG1175.jpg

vic67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since it has not moved off that island I would leave it alone. It can travel on your sand bed to the other LR if it wants to.

Nevil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just let it be. I wouldn't move it this will only stress it out more. IMO it looks like it is starving based on how the tentacles look. I would let it be and give it more time to acclimate and once it settles in feed a pencil eraser sized amount of mysis soaked in selcon once a week.

ReeferRookie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with every one here my biggest mistake ever was moving my nem. It deflated for almost a week was sure hed die. But alive and well and growing !!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 67 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.7%
Back