Hey R2R let's help a fellow hobbyist! (Bracelets for Rylee Simmons)

BostonAquaFarms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been sitting here for along time trying to figure out what to say but I can't think of anything appropriate.

I'm sorry that I haven't been able to express my thanks to all those that have helped out. Maybe an update on how she is doing.

It has been at least a few weeks since I had an opportunity to post here, or even check for updates, it has been busy around here.
Rylee continues to go through cycles of chemotherapy and various other medications as part of her treatment, she has her good days and her bad days.
A few weeks ago a pharmacist mistakenly gave us the wrong medication and Rylee was overdosed on methadone. She got a dose that was Five Times more potent then prescribed. It took the Drs a long time to figure out what was happening so Rylee spent 4 days basically stoned out of her mind. She made it through that and a few extra days in the hospital and came home after a week. Last week was a very good week, cheerful and happy most of the time, walking allot more then in recent months. It makes me feel good to see her happy. Friday we started a new round of chemo and last night more steroids. Yesterday we went to a local fair. She saw animals and played games and rode on some carnival rides. She had a wonderful day. Today she is on steroids again and extremely cranky, just impossible to please and very hard to handle. Today is the first day of a 7 day cycle on Steroids, I can tell it's going to be a tough week.

Anyway, we plod on. The treatment plan for leukemia is long and hard but knowing that we have the support of so many good people makes it a bit easier.

I can't say 'Thank You' enough, I hope I can find a way to express our gratitude to everyone that has helped out.

Many Many Thanks,
Jon, Melissa and Rylee

Rylee Simmons (RyleeSimmons) on Twitter Bracelets For Rylee

Last edited:

TopNotchCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been sitting here for along time trying to figure out what to say but I can't think of anything appropriate.

I'm sorry that I haven't been able to express my thanks to all those that have helped out. Maybe an update on how she is doing.

It has been at least a few weeks since I had an opportunity to post here, or even check for updates, it has been busy around here.
Rylee continues to go through cycles of chemotherapy and various other medications as part of her treatment, she has her good days and her bad days.
A few weeks ago a pharmacist mistakenly gave us the wrong medication and Rylee was overdosed on methadone. She got a dose that was Five Times more potent then prescribed. It took the Drs a long time to figure out what was happening so Rylee spent 4 days basically stoned out of her mind. She made it through that and a few extra days in the hospital and came home after a week. Last week was a very good week, cheerful and happy most of the time, walking allot more then in recent months. It makes me feel good to see her happy. Friday we started a new round of chemo and last night more steroids. Yesterday we went to a local fair. She saw animals and played games and rode on some carnival rides. She had a wonderful day. Today she is on steroids again and extremely cranky, just impossible to please and very hard to handle. Today is the first day of a 7 day cycle on Steroids, I can tell it's going to be a tough week.

Anyway, we plod on. The treatment plan for leukemia is long and hard but knowing that we have the support of so many good people makes it a bit easier.

I can't say 'Thank You' enough, I hope I can find a way to express our gratitude to everyone that has helped out.

Many Many Thanks,
Jon, Melissa and Rylee

Sorry to hear about the medication mistake and happy to hear she made it thorugh that.No need to thank us,it is a honor to be let into this girls life and to be able to help out in any way possible.I wish the best of luck to her and her family and hope you guys make it threw this struggle.

Speg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No little girl should have to go through chemotherapy...that's so sad.

A thank you really isn't need, but you're welcome. I actually just feel honored that I was able to help someone that was in need and if my small donation was able to in some way help/save a little girl's life, then I did my duty as a human being.

Thank YOU and keep us updated when you're able.

emerald525

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Many Many Thanks,
Jon, Melissa and Rylee

Appreciate the update Jon and Melissa. What you said here is thanks enough and I was happy to help out. Taking care of Rylee is reward enough for me. Chemotherapy is a long hard road and yes steroids can make the sweetest child into a little bear but just keep telling yourself that it is just the medication and it has an endpoint.. Drug errors unfortunately are common in little children so check and double check the dose.

My thanks will be that other people see this in their forum and do similar fund raisers in their club. By the way there is still some bidding going on and I think the total is going to get closer to 800 dollars. I am the competitive type but in this case I hope every other club shows us up and beats our amount!:smile:

Here is one of my favorite quotes:
A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank...but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child

Algae

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate the update Jon and Melissa. What you said here is thanks enough and I was happy to help out. Taking care of Rylee is reward enough for me. Chemotherapy is a long hard road and yes steroids can make the sweetest child into a little bear but just keep telling yourself that it is just the medication and it has an endpoint.. Drug errors unfortunately are common in little children so check and double check the dose.

My thanks will be that other people see this in their forum and do similar fund raisers in their club. By the way there is still some bidding going on and I think the total is going to get closer to 800 dollars. I am the competitive type but in this case I hope every other club shows us up and beats our amount!:smile:

Here is one of my favorite quotes:
A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank...but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child

Yes, Pacific Northwest Marine Aquarium Society (PNWMAS)! :bigsmile: (course I am prejudiced). And thanks to Kim for heading this up!

emerald525

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, Pacific Northwest Marine Aquarium Society (PNWMAS)! :bigsmile: (course I am prejudiced). And thanks to Kim for heading this up!

Thanks Algae and guess what folks we made it to 1000 dollars total with some last minute auction type bidding!

Okay final total with last minute bidding is 1100 dollars! Get well soon Rylee!

Last edited:

BostonAquaFarms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rylee thanks you with all she is.

Here is a picture from March of this year, about a month and a half into her treatment, still the happiest kid on the planet.
134512575a994d2cb22999c6983a4738.Large.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back