No token fusion communication error help please

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are having a problem as I did than do as I did below.

Fusion is awesome nice to be able to use your apex away from house without having to be an it tech to get it working.

Have fun!

Last edited:
OP
OP
joekool

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so I fixed it with this.

Assuming you updated firmware to the 3b14 version and that you updated web pages after the firmware with the same updater then you cleared browser cash/ temporary files only. You can get it at apexfusion.com make sure to update with wifi off and on a network cable connection to your laptop or computer. Don't take the chance with your Ipad or wifi device.

First off you need to set your network settings via configuration/ network setup. Turn on enable fusion enable and fusion control enable. Then check the reboot box then update.

Check to see if you have a token or fusion link on your web browser. If not you will need to do this
Undoubtedly Apex Fusion will make connecting to your controller outside your home network easier, but to be able to do that your network settings in your controller must be correct (or we need to tweak them to play nice.) Here a couple of quick tips if you are having a "Fusion Communication Error":

Your default gateway in your Apex network setup must match the IP address of your router. In your network setup if the default gateway says 192.168.1.1, then you should be able to enter http://192.168.1.1 and receive the login prompt on your router. If you do not, then you need to change the Apex's settings to reflect your router's IP address, update setting and restart your Apex after doing so.
Via the Web Server: Configuration> Network Setup
Via the Display Screen: System> Netsetup> Gateway
If your default gateway is correct, then we may need to change your DNS servers in your network configuration. Change your Primary DNS server to 8.8.8.8 and your Secondary DNS server to 4.2.2.1, update settings, and restart your Apex after doing so.
Via the Web Server: Configuration> Network Setup
Via the Display Screen: System> Netsetup>DNS Server/Alt DNS Server
Finally make sure your running the latest FW which was found in your invite email and here:

Firmware 4.31_3B14

After running through these trouble shooting tips you should be able to get a "link" token to connect your Apex to your Apex Fusion account. Of course if you continue to have trouble please ask questions in the forum or contact Neptune Systems Support.

Last edited:

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 26 16.0%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 68 42.0%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 22 13.6%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 36 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.2%
Back