Someone PLEASE HELP.. Digital Aquatics RKL not syncing with 2 PK4s..

A Fish Called Wanda

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off DA has the worst customer service ever... I just added a new Pk4 to my Reefkeeper LITE to make it two. It was working fine until I updated everything and programmed my settings. Then it went cahoots and the RKL won't see both but if I shut either of them off I could see the settings of which is left on... It's not the Bus cords because I have an extra one and trial and errored it out... I don't know if it's the RKL or maybe the PK4 or hopefully someone has a suggestions because DA really stinks with their help...thanks

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bet you had both PC4's hooked up when you updated the firmware. Now both PC4's have the same serial number. You will have to do an interrupted update on one of the PC4's. Instructions are on the DA forum. From now on make sure you only have one module or only the head unit hooked to the SID when updating firmware.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A Fish Called Wanda

A Fish Called Wanda

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, no I actualy had RKL and PK4 plugged in at the sametime while updating. Wasnt thinking right that night and overlooked it but was fearing that I caused serious damage to the unit. This past sunday I read pretty much 8 pages of forums on DAs page until I found interrupted update, and I tried it and it worked. Big relief... Thanks for the reply Joe

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 85 48.6%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 30.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.9%
Back