Sump suggestion

Partsman41953

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I am looking for suggestions on a sump for my 90 gallon aquarium which I am setting up. I tried getting a 30 long in the stand but
because of a brace running along the top it will not fit. The LFS wanted to sell me an Eshopps RS200 sump but since I need all the equipment I wanted to see if I could build one myself but if I need to buy one that is what I will do.

Please let me know which route I should go and if I need to buy one please let me know which one I should go with.

Thanks,

Glenn

Barky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can make one cheaper than spending 250.00 on a new sump. the rs 200 would not fit either isnt the height the same as a 30gl. Anyway to remodel the brace on the stand, I don't mean remove it, use a smaller brace to move it up out of the way. It's tight under the stand but I think you can find what you want or maybe build one your self alot of builds out their if you google it.

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, jut go out and buy a tank that will fit in your space, then get glass for baffles and silicone in your own.
How do I determine how many baffles I need?
A bubble trap is a narrow section within the sump that is made up of three baffles. The center one is higher than the two outer ones. The bubble trap should be located after the area that contains the most bubbles. Normally, that would be where the water enters the sump and your protein skimmer is located. Microbubbles abound in this zone, so the bubble trap would be set up next, to prevent these from continuing through to the refugium and/or return section. If you have a refugium next, you'll need one more baffle between the refugium and the return section. All four baffles should be the same height in this setup.
Another way would be to have the return section in the center of your sump, between the skimmer section and the refugium. Water would drain into the skimmer section and the refugium from separate pipes. The refugium's baffle can be taller now, allowing greater depth for growth of macro algae. The height of the bubble trap baffles on the skimmer side is determined by your skimmer's requirements (see below).
How does a sump work? | Melev's Reef

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back