What ballast for T5s do you use?

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to find the correct ballast for 2 60" 80w t5s and can't get a straight answer.

I would like to find one under $100. This is for an in canopy retro install.

Thanks for helping :)
Jackie

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

foxhuntr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just get onto ebay and get a workhorse 7 ballast from Fulman.....you can run up to 220 watts on the one ballast.....just make sure you get a 120 volt and not the 277 volt......you can get them around $50 i run a 12 bulb 54 watt in canopy retro over my 200 gallon cube with all workhorse ballasts and couldnt be happier......i have been running workhorse for over 10 years without 1 problem......you can follow the diagram to wire the high output setup........you dont wanna overdrive the bulbs to much like a icecap 660 ballast would do ....that would take alot of life out your bulbs unless you invest into a good fan system to keep them cool..... i dont run any kind of fans on mine using the workhorse ballast....hope this helps you out a bit.....

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just get onto ebay and get a workhorse 7 ballast from Fulman.....you can run up to 220 watts on the one ballast.....just make sure you get a 120 volt and not the 277 volt......you can get them around $50 i run a 12 bulb 54 watt in canopy retro over my 200 gallon cube with all workhorse ballasts and couldnt be happier......i have been running workhorse for over 10 years without 1 problem......you can follow the diagram to wire the high output setup........you dont wanna overdrive the bulbs to much like a icecap 660 ballast would do ....that would take alot of life out your bulbs unless you invest into a good fan system to keep them cool..... i dont run any kind of fans on mine using the workhorse ballast....hope this helps you out a bit.....

Thank you! I ordered 2 ATI ballasts, same price as the workhorse 7s. But this is great information! Yes, I think the icecap 430 may have overdriven my brand new ATI bulbs :( If they don't light when the new ballast gets here I'll know for sure. T5s are a new thing for me. I'm used to T12s and LEDs.

Jackie

Back