Microbubble help needed!!

schooncw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a JNS VS-1 HOB protein skimmer and I have never witnessed so many micro-bubbles! I have been active in this hobby for many years and used to be a sales rep in the industry. Having said all that, does anybody have similar experience with this unit? It may be sold as Aquamaxx in other markets. Tried cutting air, etc. but no good. It's getting to the point where I may just remove it, the bubbles are so bad.

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brand new? How many hours has it been on? Scrub down with vinegar? New ones usually will take a few days to weeks before they settle down.

OP
OP
S

schooncw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the response!! It was running for 3 weeks or so and terrible bubbles! I had to move the tank, so broke it down and it has been up and running for a few days now and still awful. I'll give it a few weeks but unless drastic improvement, out it comes! Like I said, I used to be in the business and it looks great, great construction, pulling lots of gunk.....all great, except too many micro bubbles.

fishroomlady

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking the same thing, needing some break-in time. Mine put out quqite a few bubbles for at least a couple of weeks.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 17 21.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 26.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back