Favorite Heater?

J Rog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think its about time to change my heater. I like to change them out every now and then and its been out a year and a half since I changed. I also think my heater may be giving off a bit of stray voltage.. I was adjusting it in the sump last night and felt a little tingle.. So whats everyones favorite heater these days? I have a 120 so it would be around a 300 watt..

OP
OP
J Rog

J Rog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool, Im pretty sure that is what I have currently.. The biggest one I can get from the Neo series is a 200W. Trying to sick with one heater.. I wonder is 200 W is enough? My room temp generally stays at 73 year round.. I like to keep my tank around 79- 80.

3dees

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Jager sitting on a shelf as a backup but never used It. I know some people knock them, but I have been using a Tru Temp with digital controller for five years In my 120 gal. the sensor went bad last year a cost me 15.00. keeps my tank at 78 - 79. love the big red leds.

OP
OP
J Rog

J Rog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one of those 2 years ago. My sensor went bad as well and ended up buying a different heater. I may still have the unit and heater. Might just reolace the sensor :) thanks for the heads up. Almost forgot about that thing!

cdness

2006 - Present
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have what the LFS sold at the time which I believe is a marineland heater... By no means top of the line, but it does its job and heats the water well. If I buy another it will be a Cobalt I think, but I have nothing against Eheim either as they are a good brand.

Throttle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eheim Jager for sure. 100w I had for 3 years not a single problem.

RacingTiger03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've ran a pair of Fluval M 150s in my 55G. I LOVE them. Easily hidden until they become encrusted (mirror finish with blue phantom LED that let's you know when they're running). I've got the pair in my 29G now, but probably going to drop it down to one. I think I'm just wasting a plug-in spot with two, but it keeps the temp VERY consistent across the tank with both.. we'll see.

ThaBeast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just tossed 3 cobalts that were about a year old for sticking thermostats. I have found the new Eheim Jagers aren't nearly as good as the old Jagers. Trying fluval m series now, so far they are good

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back