trying to decide for 1 or 2 heater in biocube 32

luis angel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good afternoon everyone, I have been noticing these days that my heater is not working at all well and I put one in the meantime to solve it, but I would like to do something well done and I have read here that heaters can fail and for that reason several people prefer put 2 that go at half capacity instead of one and with an inkbird controller, the tank is a biocube 32 g, can someone give me some recommendations on what to use, I'm new with the tank and the hobby, a friend of mine gave it to me with everything and I want to improve it so that it doesn't go away to fail, thank you

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think one reliable heater is perfectly fine, especially for a relatively small tank like that. I assume you'll be regularly observing your tank, just include a thermometer as well for easy monitoring. You can put it on the side or back of the tank to keep it from being an eyesore. Below are products that I use myself and can heartily recommend.

Digital Thermometer: https://amzn.to/3TVBQsC

Helio Heater System. Great thermostat with alarms for low and high temp, as well as an alarm if the element runs dry: https://amzn.to/43CMd85

Finnex Titanium Heater: https://amzn.to/43CZ0HF

OP
OP
luis angel

luis angel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think one reliable heater is perfectly fine, especially for a relatively small tank like that. I assume you'll be regularly observing your tank, just include a thermometer as well for easy monitoring. You can put it on the side or back of the tank to keep it from being an eyesore. Below are products that I use myself and can heartily recommend.

Digital Thermometer: https://amzn.to/3TVBQsC

Helio Heater System. Great thermostat with alarms for low and high temp, as well as an alarm if the element runs dry: https://amzn.to/43CMd85

Finnex Titanium Heater: https://amzn.to/43CZ0HF
Thank you

Asm481

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My experience with my biocube, (2 years), shows you need more cooling then heating. I no longer have a heater in mine. I am running the biocube uv heater 24/7 use an ink bird to run a cooling fan. I keep tank set at 79, haven't seen it less then 78.6. Fan runs toward dinner time at low speed runs about 2.5 hour to go from 80 back to 79. Of course I have the stock lid in place with stock lights. My house runs at 72 winter 74 summer.

OP
OP
luis angel

luis angel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My experience with my biocube, (2 years), shows you need more cooling then heating. I no longer have a heater in mine. I am running the biocube uv heater 24/7 use an ink bird to run a cooling fan. I keep tank set at 79, haven't seen it less then 78.6. Fan runs toward dinner time at low speed runs about 2.5 hour to go from 80 back to 79. Of course I have the stock lid in place with stock lights. My house runs at 72 winter 74 summer.
I will look into that UV heater, the tank no longer has the stock lid,my friend who gave me the tank installed one ai prime 16 hd, thank you, any recommendations in a cooling fan?

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will look into that UV heater, the tank no longer has the stock lid,my friend who gave me the tank installed one ai prime 16 hd, thank you, any recommendations in a cooling fan?
you probably won't need cooling if you no longer have the lid. the lid holds the temp in. though you're in FL so maybe you will pending the temp you keep your room at.

OP
OP
luis angel

luis angel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you probably won't need cooling if you no longer have the lid. the lid holds the temp in. though you're in FL so maybe you will pending the temp you keep your room at.
This coming summer is going to be my first summer with the aquarium and here in Florida we have temperatures up to 100°F sometimes but in the house we always keep the A/C at 76 during the day and 72 at night, I bought a wi-fi thermometer and I put a nest thermostat in the house, but sometimes I work 12 hours a day and I have no way to turn off the heater if it had a fault, thank you

OP
OP
luis angel

luis angel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use these for everything. If you have a wireless thermometer you could plug the heater into this and turn it off through an app, or setup IFTTT to automate it.

that's a great idea, with a new heater and this little things a can make it work, thank you

Asm481

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted earlier with my experience. You do not have the lid on so your setup is all different from mine. You will need some heat I am sure. Good luck and have fun with your journey.

OP
OP
luis angel

luis angel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted earlier with my experience. You do not have the lid on so your setup is all different from mine. You will need some heat I am sure. Good luck and have fun with your journey.
I think it's also good to have a fan just in case. I am quite new to the hobby but it is always good to hear advice from more experienced people and all advice is good. Thank you

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 58 73.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back