IM 112 EXT Lagoon

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally starting the thread since I’m much closer. After 4 months of my first salt tank, a biocube32, I took the plunge and ordered a big tank. Really liked the look of the depth of the 112. Took 11 weeks from order to delivery.
Came in 7 ply plywood box but the sump was just in a cardboard box on top.

Tank will be going in the nook of wrap around stairs. I have the stand all put together but waiting for hired muscle to lift this beast.

IMG_9728.jpeg IMG_9729.jpeg IMG_9748.jpeg

WillpoleReefers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really neat stand design and impressive engineering underneath! Wish we had basements in the uk. Is that space to be the fish room?

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations!! New tank day is so exciting! :star-struck:

I do like the look of the IM tanks and their stands are high, high quality!

Will be interesting to follow you :upside-down-face:

OP
OP
BubblesandSqueak

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations!! New tank day is so exciting! :star-struck:

I do like the look of the IM tanks and their stands are high, high quality!

Will be interesting to follow you :upside-down-face:
Tank looks great. I liked the stand with the door design rather than most others that are too modern with a plain smooth door. Doors a big with easy access. The bottom shelf would be better if they premade it into a tray. I used plastic white sheeting with white vinyl electrical tape and it makes the sump stand out more than the black shelf.

OP
OP
BubblesandSqueak

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
only the pictures posted, not the comment. Anyway, the interior is 34.5x34.25x18.25. Tank water volume is 16.5" high (84 gallons). need to attach the hoses to the skimmer then can add salt and fire it up. Live rock coming in 2 weeks.

OP
OP
BubblesandSqueak

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noticed house humidity at 44% this morning leaving the plastic wrap on the screen to slow the evap before I’m ready to add salt. Might be a really expensive whole house humidifier. Hopefully the 10 gal ATO reservoir is enough.

Attachments

• IMG_0031.jpeg
    IMG_0031.jpeg
    235.6 KB · Views: 85

sugar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally starting the thread since I’m much closer. After 4 months of my first salt tank, a biocube32, I took the plunge and ordered a big tank. Really liked the look of the depth of the 112. Took 11 weeks from order to delivery.
Came in 7 ply plywood box but the sump was just in a cardboard box on top.

Tank will be going in the nook of wrap around stairs. I have the stand all put together but waiting for hired muscle to lift this beast.

IMG_9728.jpeg IMG_9729.jpeg IMG_9748.jpeg

Wow, what a perfect spot. It fits like a glove, and I love the white!

Korrupt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey fellow 112’er. Wasn’t too many of us in the build threads when I was looking for inspiration. Picked mine up in October for a few hundred off Facebook after upgrading from a 25 lagoon. It’s amazing. I need to do a build thread myself.

Did you figure out your lighting? That was what I had a hard time coming up with. I ended up with the ATI Stratton Led. It’s perfect for 30x30 coverage which was perfect for me. Not too worried about coral under the euro brace. Running about 100 par on the sandbed and 300 or so with a stock setting at 70%. Will go back and tune it when I get more stuff but it took about 10 minutes to hook up and set up and haven’t touched it since.

1A359004-9A30-47A2-933B-EC9EAD817ABF.jpeg

Last edited:

Korrupt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where’s your live rock coming from out of curiosity? Can’t really see it too well as it’s in the back but I ran this Carib sea for about a month in a brute with some from KP Aquatics. Pretty awesome experience with them.

I really wanted that Nuvo sump too but they were always out of stock with all the 20% off going. How do you like it?

OP
OP
BubblesandSqueak

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey fellow 112’er. Wasn’t too many of us in the build threads when I was looking for inspiration. Picked mine up in October for a few hundred off Facebook after upgrading from a 25 lagoon. It’s amazing. I need to do a build thread myself.

Did you figure out your lighting? That was what I had a hard time coming up with. I ended up with the ATI Stratton Led. It’s perfect for 30x30 coverage which was perfect for me. Not too worried about coral under the euro brace. Running about 100 par on the sandbed and 300 or so with a stock setting at 70%. Will go back and tune it when I get more stuff but it took about 10 minutes to hook up and set up and haven’t touched it since.

1A359004-9A30-47A2-933B-EC9EAD817ABF.jpeg
I still haven't picked up a light yet. trying to find a euro brace mount that I can still use the screen lid with. so far I only see two. HMS and Ecotech. HMS seems better stability but seems hit or miss if the horizontal rail attaches. are you hanging yours? I may do a temp light of a Fluval Marine or Coralife strip of 36" till I can find attachment options. I like the Orphek and Sky but thats a big chunk of $ and didn't buy on BF due to attachment options. I can't hang. Don't want to pay that much if they don't really have attachment options. not easy to screw into this stand.

I really like your scape. how much rock is that?

Korrupt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually picked up a couple used 52HDs and went the HMS route initially sorta. Had a buddy give me some XHOs also. Never turned them on. Looked way to clunky. The phillips coralcare light is about $800. Couple of used AI lights and the HMS rail puts you close. I was leaning towards ReefiUnos also btw before they had this 1st gen Stratton on sale for Black Friday.

Yes mine is hanging. It’s 2 holes though. I can patch easy. I was against hanging so I bought some 8020 and was gonna build a mount. Hanging wasn’t as bad as I thought.

I think it’s 120lb Carib sea and 20 lbs live.

Here’s the HMS rail. I tried orientating lights both ways and both looks terrible. I don’t like the rails on the tank at all.

0CDD376C-A540-4C84-9F43-8AB01C8EE36E.jpeg

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the ext 170 im working on.
I will replace the screen cover it came with though.
I will be running 2 sea sweeps so nothing will be mounted to the tanks walls. This will be all the flow I need with 2 Tunze 6255's attatched to the sweeps.
Nice setup. Keep us posted.
20231205_142105.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 87 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.2%
Back