OP
BubblesandSqueak

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think the aiptasia came from the TBS rock? looks like do did not add anything else...

I have used it in the past, thinking of seeding the tank with some rubble.
yes. but in general there were only 2. I F-Aipt'd it 4 months ago and it was gone but then came back as 4. Reality is you will get aiptasia through corals. It's just what you wish to do to get rid of them. It's not yet worth Berg's but that's how I will get rid of them in the end.

alpenreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That rock is incredible. I don't know if I could get anything like it here in Canada.

That scape is awesome! I'm still not sure what to do for mine. Lots of caves and open spaces but it really depends on the rock pieces I have! I went with just the dry rock and will seed from my current tank but man, I just love the biodiversity you're getting. I don't know if I've seen anything like it yet.

Do you think the aiptasia came from the TBS rock? looks like do did not add anything else...

I have used it in the past, thinking of seeding the tank with some rubble.
My rock (gulf live) came with plenty of aiptasia.
yes. but in general there were only 2. I F-Aipt'd it 4 months ago and it was gone but then came back as 4. Reality is you will get aiptasia through corals. It's just what you wish to do to get rid of them. It's not yet worth Berg's but that's how I will get rid of them in the end.
I was told there aren’t any aiptasia in Florida - was so excited about my live rock I started feeding the one little anemone I found on it haha. Fast forward a month I now have many many more. Duh. I keep on top of it so it’s only a minor nuisance compared to the many benefits.

Attachments

• IMG_1681.jpeg
    IMG_1681.jpeg
    187.5 KB · Views: 33
OP
OP
BubblesandSqueak

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My rock (gulf live) came with plenty of aiptasia.

I was told there aren’t any aiptasia in Florida - was so excited about my live rock I started feeding the one little anemone I found on it haha. Fast forward a month I now have many many more. Duh. I keep on top of it so it’s only a minor nuisance compared to the many benefits.
I think I remember reading somewhere that a company was posting that their rock doesn't contain Aiptasia that is from the gulf. Maybe if there is 1 aiptasia per 10 pounds it's consider 0?

alpenreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I remember reading somewhere that a company was posting that their rock doesn't contain Aiptasia that is from the gulf. Maybe if there is 1 aiptasia per 10 pounds it's consider 0?
I read it on here somewhere and believed it, doesn’t matter. I also have mantis and gorilla crabs which they (gulf live rock) were quite open about. Totally worth it though, the mantis have been an adventure and the rock and life on it is beautiful beyond my wildest dreams.

OP
OP
BubblesandSqueak

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read it on here somewhere and believed it, doesn’t matter. I also have mantis and gorilla crabs which they (gulf live rock) were quite open about. Totally worth it though, the mantis have been an adventure and the rock and life on it is beautiful beyond my wildest dreams.
Finally saw the mantis twice today. It’s about 1.25-1.5” and red.

Attachments

• IMG_1920.jpeg
    IMG_1920.jpeg
    85.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1918.jpeg
    IMG_1918.jpeg
    87.4 KB · Views: 16
OP
OP
BubblesandSqueak

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added more CUC and mermaids fans and fern calerpa. Tried cleaning up the bloom I had too. Waiting for a silica test kit to see if my rodi has a problem.

Attachments

• IMG_1945.jpeg
    IMG_1945.jpeg
    190.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1946.jpeg
    IMG_1946.jpeg
    241.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1948.jpeg
    IMG_1948.jpeg
    283.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1933.jpeg
    IMG_1933.jpeg
    250 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1938.jpeg
    IMG_1938.jpeg
    242.9 KB · Views: 22
OP
OP
BubblesandSqueak

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Waters still hazy but sand hasn’t browned like before. And I think this zebra snail will need to be monitored. Kind of big. Maybe I’ll vacation him to GHA island in the other pool to keep up with feeding.

IMG_1952.jpeg IMG_1971.jpeg IMG_1972.jpeg IMG_1970.jpeg IMG_1956.jpeg

OP
OP
BubblesandSqueak

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She's stunning!!! How do you keep her from Houdini-ing!?

(apologies if this was alerady covered in the previous pages)

1713798172716.png
There’s 32 lbs of weight on top (with notched PVC for the lid) and it’s hard to see but I have 1/4” egg crate on the overflow. Having eurobrace helps too so the screen is further out. Tank is much larger than the recommended too. She’s well fed and entertained.

IMG_2009.jpeg IMG_2010.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.5%
Back