Refugium

jesusq

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a hang on back refugium with a 200 gph pump. I cannot move the refugium up or down to adjust the return. I have also tried a lessor pump which didn't solve the problem.

My problem is that a lot of bubbles are being caused by the return which is splashing and affecting the lights.

I've put a piece of PVC pipe extending the splashing, but it does not look sexy and constantly keeps falling behind the rocks.

What's the best way to reduce the amount of bubbles.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412086940.398039.jpg

OP
OP
J

jesusq

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's microorganism flowing from the refugium to the tank.

ASAP-Aquarium

FREE USA SHIPPING!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not just plumb a 90 degree PVC elbow into the return pointing down and add a length of PVC extending the return below the waterline?

OP
OP
J

jesusq

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've tried that but that makes the bubbles splash much more. Right now it's about an inch below the water line and the bubbles are splashing. I would like to reduce the amount of bubbles without stopping the microorganism

s2nhle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not just plumb a 90 degree PVC elbow into the return pointing down and add a length of PVC extending the return below the waterline?

How about add another 90 degree PVC to the end of the extended return and turn it toward the back wall of the tank. I have CPR hang on refugium and that how I did with mine. It helps reduce the bubbles without stopping the microorganism. It had little bubble at first but then it stopped.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back