Bubble Magus Experts-I need educated opinions!

TheNowMovement

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Bubble Magus c 3.5 protein skimmer... the pump is going out on it, and I feel this might be an opportune time to get a better pump than the stock one it usually comes with, the Rock sp1000. I was wondering if anyone out there has tried getting a bigger/better skimmer pump for such a skimmer... and if so, what pumps would actually do a better job than the sp1000? I need some input as soon as possible, for its either gotta be a new pump or a new skimmer that i get! Any input is appreciated! :smile:

IotaElwyn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be interested to hear the results of this. I assumed that they calibrate the pump to the size of the skimmer, so I am not sure if there will be lost efficiency from changing the size. Does the base support other pump sizes? My bubble magus's pump has a base that attached.

OP
OP
T

TheNowMovement

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not quite sure about any of those factors... good points though... I figure that a protein skimmer has a lot to do with the pumps ability to produce air bubbles through the water, so i was assuming bigger meant better! Thats what this thread is for though, cuz I dont know anything about these things comparatively to others!

tigerdragon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a coralife 220 that i bought a bm upgrade kit for and used the sp2000 pump on it. The pumps are detachable you could prolly go to the sp 2000 it draws more air and prolly more water but i dont see why it wouldnt work

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.6%
Back