29g biocube lighting question

DcoarM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought a 29g biocube with pc lighting and it has 4 slots for the coral brand leds. Do these leds add to the par or is it just for color and shimmer? We really don't have that much money to be able to upgrade the lights to all led, but we could do this.

VicD81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry they are Just accent lighting. I made the mistake of buying the white light but the design is so asinine that they gave it its own switch but it only turns on with the blue "night" LEDs on. I dont even turn them on anymore.

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry they are Just accent lighting. I made the mistake of buying the white light but the design is so asinine that they gave it its own switch but it only turns on with the blue "night" LEDs on. I dont even turn them on anymore.

+1

They don't do much.

VicD81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless u absolutely want LEDs or keeping SPS. The stock PCs are sufficient to house most corals.

saltyphish

Certified Sand Groomer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I filled all of the slots on my biocube and regret the waste of money. $50 unfortunately will not even build a diy kit. You could probably build one for around $200.00 depending on what coral you want your pc's will be sufficient until you can upgrade. I replaced mine with the rapidled retro kit. If heat is a problem just open the back lid and have a fan blow in there.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 32 20.1%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 119 74.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back