Mini Bubble King 200 VS13 with RD 3 Mini Speedy

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious if anyone is running this skimmer? If so, any issues with the DC pump. Performance?

I am looking to replace my Skimz Sm203 and I have a max 12"x12" Footprint. Very heavy bioload so I am not looking for a downgrade in skimming power. If you have any other suggestion besides a BK I'm all ears :D

garias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been running for about 4 months no issues love it just order the rd3 for my supermarin 250 as well

pirate2876

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious if anyone is running this skimmer? If so, any issues with the DC pump. Performance?

I am looking to replace my Skimz Sm203 and I have a max 12"x12" Footprint. Very heavy bio-load so I am not looking for a downgrade in skimming power. If you have any other suggestion besides a BK I'm all ears :D

I also have the SM-203 and I would like to upgrade with a BK. I have had a few people recommend ATB skimmers to me. They may be louder than the BK though.

OP
OP
jackson6745

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have the SM-203 and I would like to upgrade with a BK. I have had a few people recommend ATB skimmers to me. They may be louder than the BK though.

I've been running this BK 200 mini RD for the last 6 weeks. As expected, it kicks butt. Silent and easy to adjust, especially with the variable speed pump (which I was already used to with the Skimz). I was limited on my choices due to my 12x12 footprint. The BK is **** expensive, but the quality is second to none. I run it on the wet side.
IMG_1556 by rich.colombo, on Flickr

Bigfish93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you like the skimmer so far? I'm thinking about the same skimmer for my 200 gal build. When you get a chance, can you tell me the exact height of the collection cup. I'm hoping it's less than 8 in so that it will work for my sump.

OP
OP
jackson6745

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you like the skimmer so far? I'm thinking about the same skimmer for my 200 gal build. When you get a chance, can you tell me the exact height of the collection cup. I'm hoping it's less than 8 in so that it will work for my sump.

The skimmer is great. It outperforms the previous skimz sm 203 that I was running, but that's all I have to compare it to. This is my second controllable pumps skimmer. I don't think I can run another skimmer without a controllable pump. I find it extremely useful for fine tuning the skimmer, especially after changing filter socks and using certain additives. You are in luck, the collection cup is 7" if you remove the lid.

Toomnymods

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking to buy the bubbleking mini 200 with the adjustable red dragon pump.. what is the excact dimensions of the base plate??

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 16 30.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 13 25.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back