Jebao return pump opinions

Pirates.Reef

High End Coral Collector / Vendor
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking about replacing my iwaki 30 with a jebao dct4000 because the iwaki seems to be going bad and heating up my water to much all of a sudden. I want to know how does everyone like those return pumps and how long have you had them. I'm more worried about how long they last.

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been running a Jebao dc3000 for over a year and a dc12000 for under a month. The 3k is dead silent and has worked well. The 12k you can hear but wow, it really pushes some water. I'm very happy with them both.

OP
OP
Pirates.Reef

Pirates.Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been running a Jebao dc3000 for over a year and a dc12000 for under a month. The 3k is dead silent and has worked well. The 12k you can hear but wow, it really pushes some water. I'm very happy with them both.

Have you noticed any rust because I saw some posts about rust and thats what is worrying me since I have a lot of high end Sps.

tigerdragon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a dc12000 being running almost a year at 40-50% power dead silent not issues.

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not noticed any rust.

My 12k I quiet, just not silent like the 3k. Its pretty silent until you get it past 50%.

Jc_ellis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 6k and a 3k for almost a year, dead silent, no signs of rust, and awesome performance from them

ReeferBean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I had a 6000, yes it was quiet but they don't push the gph as advertised in my opinion so I sold it and went with something else.

rboutin111

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had the 9K for only 3 month, but notice not signs of rust. It's more powerful then I expected. I have it running at 20% and it's running my GFO/Carbon reactor. Overall I'm very pleased with the unit.

Wiinberg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the DCT4000. It sounds like a jet turbine (low, but you can hear it) and the flow is not stable. My water level in the overflow goes up and down after i started to use this pump. Wouldn't recommend it.

OP
OP
Pirates.Reef

Pirates.Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the DCT4000. It sounds like a jet turbine (low, but you can hear it) and the flow is not stable. My water level in the overflow goes up and down after i started to use this pump. Wouldn't recommend it.

My iwaki is not quiet so I don't think anything can wine more than it does but its at least 10 years old so I can't complain

Eckolancer

LED GURU
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dc12000 is silent and running at 100% 24 hours a day. My first one lasted about 15 months. This second one has been up for 4 months so far. My fridge (which is brand new) is louder then these DC pumps.

jent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When asking how long people have had the DCT, or what issues they are having...you have to keep in mind this pump is pretty much fresh on the market.

Sure the Jabeo DC's have been around for a while, and have a spotty at best track record. But the DCT's have only really been around for what, maybe 6 months? I am not sure if it makes sense to try and guage the DCT's based off the previous DC generation. I just don't know, maybe there is some common issues, but I think it's just as likely that they will have a completely different set of issues.

They may be similar, they may be worse, they may be better...it's really hard to know at this point...

FWIW, I have a DCT6000, and it's super quiet. So far I have had no issues (but like I said, WAY too early to tell). I definetly have a spare on hand and am ready for a failure at any point. You should be too (with any pump!).

If you want to be more confident in your pump, you definetly have to spend more. I do think the Deepwater's BLDC pumps look very interesting, but again, another pump that is brand new on the market and yet to be proven (although I think it has every indication that's a quality pump, if it was smaller in size I absolutely would have gotten one over my DCT6000).

OP
OP
Pirates.Reef

Pirates.Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When asking how long people have had the DCT, or what issues they are having...you have to keep in mind this pump is pretty much fresh on the market.

Sure the Jabeo DC's have been around for a while, and have a spotty at best track record. But the DCT's have only really been around for what, maybe 6 months? I am not sure if it makes sense to try and guage the DCT's based off the previous DC generation. I just don't know, maybe there is some common issues, but I think it's just as likely that they will have a completely different set of issues.

They may be similar, they may be worse, they may be better...it's really hard to know at this point...

FWIW, I have a DCT6000, and it's super quiet. So far I have had no issues (but like I said, WAY too early to tell). I definetly have a spare on hand and am ready for a failure at any point. You should be too (with any pump!).

If you want to be more confident in your pump, you definetly have to spend more. I do think the Deepwater's BLDC pumps look very interesting, but again, another pump that is brand new on the market and yet to be proven (although I think it has every indication that's a quality pump, if it was smaller in size I absolutely would have gotten one over my DCT6000).

I understand what your saying but I just wanted to hear what people have encountered and so far I haven't seen one make it to 2 years old. I'm not to convinced on the return pumps even though I have 3 of there power heads 1 is 2 years old and the other 2 are 1 year old.

gcrawford

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I switched to a jebao early last year and parked my iwaki 30RXT. The jebao was quiet, but the output connector did not hold a hose very securely, even with a vinyl clamp. The hose came off and water shot straight up and soaked everything. I sold it and went back to my iwaki which is actually very quiet after placing it on a mouse pad. I like the threaded connections of the iwaki which are more secure. Also, the jebao did freeze up once and I had to soak it in vinegar overnight and clean it to get it going. Hope this helps with your decision.

-g

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 39.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 52 34.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back