Clown fish has white spot should I be worried

JUSTINSREEF

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just got two clown fish from my local fish store and put them in my 29 gallon Biocube. I get them in and start looking at them under the light and I see a white spot that doesn't look like part of the body. Should I be worried seems fine just swimming can't get a good pic.

BryanB

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look up ick, marine velvet and brooknella see if it matches any of those, but if it is one of the three I would hope for ick

OP
OP
JUSTINSREEF

JUSTINSREEF

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've looked them up but none of those look like what's on my fish maybe I'm just making myself go crazy haven't had a saltwater tank in years.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No just a dot

I wouldn't worry too much (right now) if it's just a single dot. If this is ich, he should develop multiple dots in the coming days. If it's Brooklynella, you will notice excess white mucous forming and it will look as though his skin is sloughing/peeling off. A single white dot (espcially on a new fish) oftentimes just means Lymphocystis, a harmless virus found in many fish.

thedasher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could give it a fresh water dip just to be on the safe side

OP
OP
JUSTINSREEF

JUSTINSREEF

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so today I go shopping come back and the clown fish is spot free what does that mean this is crazy

OP
OP
JUSTINSREEF

JUSTINSREEF

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I told the fish store today which that's where it came from the Ick and he said probably Ick just buy this stuff to treat it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JUSTINSREEF

JUSTINSREEF

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure but the only stuff I know you won't be able to have corals in the tank and that's all I really want. I still haven't had anymore spots on the clown fish so I don't know what it was.

Back