White Clumps/Spots on Clownfish

bibbityb00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently picked up a pair of Black Saddleback Clowns. I've had a pair in qt for about a week and tonight I noticed what look like white clumps near the anal fin of the smaller fish. Any thoughts on what it could be? I have seen the larger one nipping a little bit and the larger one doesn't appear to have any spots right now. The fish are both acting pretty normal and are eating well.

4- Copy.jpg 3- Copy.jpg 2- Copy.jpg 1.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Recently picked up a pair of Black Saddleback Clowns. I've had a pair in qt for about a week and tonight I noticed what look like white clumps near the anal fin of the smaller fish. Any thoughts on what it could be? I have seen the larger one nipping a little bit and the larger one doesn't appear to have any spots right now. The fish are both acting pretty normal and are eating well.

This is bacterial in nature and could have stemmed from scrape injury and most effective is treatment in a separate tank using seachem kanaplex which is broad spectrum and effective
Add aeration with air stone during treatment

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

That could be Lymphocystis, a viral disease that often invades tissues when they are damaged.
Are these wild caught? If so, watch for Brooklynella.

OP
OP
B

bibbityb00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is bacterial in nature and could have stemmed from scrape injury and most effective is treatment in a separate tank using seachem kanaplex which is broad spectrum and effective
Add aeration with air stone during treatment
Thank you! Kanaplex isn't readily available here, but I'll look for an alternative treatment.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Thank you! Kanaplex isn't readily available here, but I'll look for an alternative treatment.
I see Canada
Ruby rally pro safe substitute and also try pets drug mart, I believe in Ontario

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 110 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back