Rainbow Chalices - Let's talk about them!

dnov99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Speaking of, did you see the beautiful Golden Basket one on Ebay right now?

You mean the one that looks like this one???? LOL. Hands down the nicest striped chalice I have ever seen or owned. This is a daylight shot, right off the camera.

IMG_2074.jpg

OP
OP
SDguy

SDguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, the stripes aren't just purple, but have orange too. Sooooo nice, and I don't even like striped chalices LOL!

fab1971

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You mean the one that looks like this one???? LOL. Hands down the nicest striped chalice I have ever seen or owned. This is a daylight shot, right off the camera.

IMG_2074.jpg

Nicer than the hypnosis? That's one piece I've had my eye on for a while.

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kinda figured you were the one that got that. I believe that is the second one you have outbid me on. Very nice pick up. Back on topic I agree with a lot of the posts and also have my own thoughts but not sure if it's really necessary to post them. It's honestly none of my business and I have no proof to go along with these thoughts/opinions of mine. Great topic hopefully someone with with more info will chime in.

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know for a fact some are the same on that list. I can't vioce my opinion but from my understanding it's a mixture of wholesalers aqua culturing them them self and new islands being opened to import from.... I assure you there is no venders with there own diving team bringing up these Rainbow chalices. You would be shocked if you knew how many where the same on there.

OP
OP
SDguy

SDguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know for a fact some are the same on that list. I can't vioce my opinion but from my understanding it's a mixture of wholesalers aqua culturing them them self and new islands being opened to import from.... I assure you there is no venders with there own diving team bringing up these Rainbow chalices. You would be shocked if you knew how many where the same on there.

I don't think I'd be shocked, and I hope my thread didn't come across like I think they are all different. They aren't Pokemon... I don't have to have 'em all ;) The whole new island collection site(s) aspect is fascinating for sure!

1Snapple

3g Picotope
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't speek for the convict chalices but the hypnosis I have seen and how cow is that an amazing piece, sparkles on the Burnt orange stripes with the stolid green stripes is so sweet.

apicturepaints

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And this is the problem I'm having...I have no desire to own all of the rainbows, since a lot of them look too similar. Just the nicest looking one! :) I have my bugatti and it is nice (no rainbow rim), but I'm stuck between rainbow crush, dynamite, or atom bomb as my next rainbow.

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think I'd be shocked, and I hope my thread didn't come across like I think they are all different. They aren't Pokemon... I don't have to have 'em all ;) The whole new island collection site(s) aspect is fascinating for sure!

Yup, I'm 100% sure some of them are the same the new island I was told but the very reliable source said it like this " I believe they are all coming from a new island that opened, it's rough to tell since I don't get exact exact locations, but that's what I heard"

1Snapple

3g Picotope
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, I'm 100% sure some of them are the same the new island I was told but the very reliable source said it like this " I believe they are all coming from a new island that opened, it's rough to tell since I don't get exact exact locations, but that's what I heard"

New island? He sweet would it be to be a diver and a seller to this community, it would one of the best professions i would think

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No my source does not belong to this community.

reef life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the rainbow crush, flaming bugatti, and blue crush, all look diff but stand out of over 80 plus collection.

franklypre

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm suprised we dont' see more manually created rainbow chalice, seems like you could fuse a few different types together and get some outstanding Rainbows. Same idea as the various checkerboard monti caps.

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting the rainbow crush and flaming Bugatti soon 2 of the best looking rainbow pieces IMO

darryl_v

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard that they are coming from Vietnam......this is 2nd hand so who knows if its true but it would make sense since we have never seen any and all of a sudden the market loaded with these.....just takes a "special" import / export team.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back