OP
OP
kschweer

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just read through your whole thread. All I can say is Wow. I am glad your acros have started to color back up. Tank is looking good.
Thank you!

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reading through the thread, I am glad to see the system is coming back to life. Question; from reading through your thread, it was as simple as the RO/DI Throwing everything out of wack? or a combination of sand bed cleaning, alk, and RO/DI that fix the issue?

OP
OP
kschweer

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reading through the thread, I am glad to see the system is coming back to life. Question; from reading through your thread, it was as simple as the RO/DI Throwing everything out of wack? or a combination of sand bed cleaning, alk, and RO/DI that fix the issue?
The RO/di issue led to some algae issues mostly on the sandbed. The alk issues are what really effected the corals especially sps. I'm sure the 2 combined a bit with one making the other a little worse but I would say the alk was the main culprit.

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you.

OP
OP
kschweer

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That 2nd one looks awesome! Where did you score those beauties?
Thanks bro! We had our club meeting at TSM corals today and I picked these 2 up.

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like they are happy too. Those are very nice.

Scottsquatch

Third times a charm?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow Kevin, I just read your thread along with Gabe's (Ritter) over the last few days. Great to see how people here stick with it when things get tough. May I ask what size tank you had before hurricane Sandy hit you? Was it a power outage that did you in...or was it actually flooding from storm surge? Anyway, love the tank. For a while I thought you were Joshporksandwich when you got on such a zoa kick. Keep on posting those great pics!

OP
OP
kschweer

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow Kevin, I just read your thread along with Gabe's (Ritter) over the last few days. Great to see how people here stick with it when things get tough. May I ask what size tank you had before hurricane Sandy hit you? Was it a power outage that did you in...or was it actually flooding from storm surge? Anyway, love the tank. For a while I thought you were Joshporksandwich when you got on such a zoa kick. Keep on posting those great pics!
Thank you for reading through and for the very kind words!!! The previous tank was a 46g bowfront that was about 2.5 years old when the storm came. It was the power outage that did the tank in. I'm not positive how long it was out because I evacuated and couldn't return to the island for about 9 days. I took a good 2 year break with only a neglected frag tank before deciding to set up the 57 and I'm happy I did. Glad to hear you like the pictures I will try to keep them coming! Here's one of the last pictures I took of the 46 about a month or so before the storm.
image.jpeg

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Thank you for reading through and for the very kind words!!! The previous tank was a 46g bowfront that was about 2.5 years old when the storm came. It was the power outage that did the tank in. I'm not positive how long it was out because I evacuated and couldn't return to the island for about 9 days. I took a good 2 year break with only a neglected frag tank before deciding to set up the 57 and I'm happy I did. Glad to hear you like the pictures I will try to keep them coming! Here's one of the last pictures I took of the 46 about a month or so before the storm.
image.jpeg
Oh wow 9 days?!?!? What island?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks good bro!

Back