Kschweer: 57 rimless build

Slowly but surely! Been removing some sand with each water change. Still not sure if I'll go all the way to bare bottom though

I did that a while back but decided that I didn't like bare bottom and put fresh sand back in
 
Look'n good! I've never been a fan of bare bottom, but I see the positives in doing it.
Thanks merideth! For some reason this sand has been a headache for me. Trying to keep it clean has been a nightmare the last few months. It's been getting better as I have thinned out the sand a bit.
 
Yeah its looking much better man. My buddy's tank is being over run by hair algae in the sand, so I see somewhat what you were trying to say haha.
 
Yeah its looking much better man. My buddy's tank is being over run by hair algae in the sand, so I see somewhat what you were trying to say haha.
Thanks dude. I tried everything else I could think of and thinning out the sand was my last resort. Hoping it works out. Lol
 
A few coral pictures
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg
 
Nice bro! Ride down here and take some for me man[emoji12]
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 15 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new