Kschweer: 57 rimless build

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I apparently missed this whole event. Sorry for your troubles! Without going back through the whole thread the one thing that popped into my head is silicates in your water source. Have you tested for them or put in a silicate pad?

TUSI

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tank is looking good, keep doing what you have been doing and the colors will continue to improve. Happy for you

OP
OP
kschweer

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I apparently missed this whole event. Sorry for your troubles! Without going back through the whole thread the one thing that popped into my head is silicates in your water source. Have you tested for them or put in a silicate pad?
That's what I was thinking as well. I was getting rodi from someone for a while and I'm pretty sure that was my source of the silicates and diatoms. I'm have since bought a new rodi and the problem is slowly but surely going away.

OP
OP
kschweer

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is looking good, keep doing what you have been doing and the colors will continue to improve. Happy for you
Thanks tusi! It was tough looking at those browned out acros. I'm glad to be seeing some color peek through.

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just dropping by to see how things are looking bro

OP
OP
kschweer

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just dropping by to see how things are looking bro
Hey man. Things are doing pretty well. Certainly better than they were. Works starting to get a bit crazy so I haven't had as much time with the tank. These are from the other night.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Sand bed is still kind of a mess but getting better. Thanks for checking in!

OP
OP
kschweer

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you take such awesome pics like that under the rbs?
All pictures in the thread are cell pics (iPhone) with those photo gels. The one I use is more on the brown side than the orange I see most using. It seems to work the best for me. The reefbrites really makes Everything pop but it can be tough to get good shots. I take a lot of pictures to get a few good ones. This one is still my favorite.

image.jpeg

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Wow your tanks sweet, i acually just ordered the gels, thats exactly what your tank prob looks like under the RB - the brown gel looks to be the most accurate , so happy i got them-100% the best actinic led strip

OP
OP
kschweer

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow your tanks sweet, i acually just ordered the gels, thats exactly what your tank prob looks like under the RB - the brown gel looks to be the most accurate , so happy i got them-100% the best actinic led strip
Thanks man!! The gels are great once you get used to them and find the right one for your tank. I agree, the RB is awesome. You running one or 2 on your tank?

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Thanks man!! The gels are great once you get used to them and find the right one for your tank. I agree, the RB is awesome. You running one or 2 on your tank?
Lol was running 2 untill a week ago i was adjusting the screws on the sides and it took a complete dunk, surprisingly -absolutly nothing happened beside it being a little wet, just patted it down and took it offlne until i get new screws or little anchors. I dont dimm them, so when both turn on i cant tell the difference other then a little extra pop+less shading with just one being on. My acans are getting less orange already opposed to having 2 of them so im not sure what im going to do

OP
OP
kschweer

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice build was it hard putting on the Reef Brites? I been thinking about it
Thank you! They were pretty easy to install on my fixture (tek elite) not sure about other fixtures but I can't see any being too hard. I love everything about the strip except the brackets. They are functional I just think they could look better. I have been meaning to make something cleaner looming just haven't found the time.

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Nice build was it hard putting on the Reef Brites? I been thinking about it
Dude love the videos you put out, i acually just looked 10 mins ago to see if you added one lol. No its just 2 screws in the corners that you can mount them too, litterally takes 2 seconds but you have to bend the reefbrite bracket a tiny tiny bit

915MANG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this the ones you have? I have an ATI on my 120g, thank you
Reef Brite TECH LED Blue Strip Light

OP
OP
kschweer

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol was running 2 untill a week ago i was adjusting the screws on the sides and it took a complete dunk, surprisingly -absolutly nothing happened beside it being a little wet, just patted it down and took it offlne until i get new screws or little anchors. I dont dimm them, so when both turn on i cant tell the difference other then a little extra pop+less shading with just one being on. My acans are getting less orange already opposed to having 2 of them so im not sure what im going to do
Glad it's ok after the swim lol. Been thinking of picking up a second one. When all 6 bulbs are on you can tell, just want a little more pop with all bulbs on.

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Thank you! They were pretty easy to install on my fixture (tek elite) not sure about other fixtures but I can't see any being too hard. I love everything about the strip except the brackets. They are functional I just think they could look better. I have been meaning to make something cleaner looming just haven't found the time.
Well i seen you do some work with acrylic- make it happen so i can steal your design =)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back