How often do you enjoy your tank?

emureef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was sitting with a few friends yesterday in my basement and was starring at my tank as i was loosing hands at poker. But it wasn't a total loss as i got to watch my tank.

On average how often do you just look at your tank and enjoy it? say how much time per day...

Do you feel that if it was in a different location you'd be able to enjoy it more often?

My tank is located really in the only spot i was allowed to put one and have a 90g tank. Im sure if it was in a more trafficed area i'd be able to enjoy it more and watch what goes on in my tank.

jabberkaycee

Aquatic Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I work from home and often bring my computer to the living room so I can enjoy the tank while I work. The love seat in the livingroom, which is my seat, is right beside the thank so I basically enjoy it all day long.

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually spend the time after work in the basement, since its kind of my man cave, so I get to watch it for a little while. I do wish that I had a room divider so I could see it better, and have more viewing area as well.

bigkai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine is in my living room to so prob about 2 or 3 hours a day my wife calls it (my other wife) and that i love her more couse im all ways doing soming with it or wanting to buy something for it

fenderguy1

Prop/Shipping Pro
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my 93gal cube in my living room. From my desk i can see my tank(5feet away) and my T.V..:) If im not at work im at my desk so i look at my tank ALOT everyday.

beaner_12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine is in the dinning room and i see it every day when i come back from work. i turn the light on and stay there for at least an hour. and in the morning i turn the light off after i sit there for 20 min. i love my tank.

OP
OP
E

emureef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think when i own my own house, it would be interesting to maybe set up a peninsula tank to work as a room devider. But my tank being in a finished basement has its perks i suppose, thats basically where us younger people hang out and most of my friends stand there in awe of my tank.

Hyprviperx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine is in my bedroom, so it is the first thing i see when i get up and the last thing i see before i sleep (dont tell my girlfriend that haha) i get trapped by it at least 3-5 times while im getting ready for work and i usually have to be called out of the room by the girlfriend when i get off work.... its a full blown addiction.... but as i have stated before she got me into it so she has created this monster haha

Bubbles_B

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some people sit down on the couch from a hard day's of work and have a glass of wine or beer. I sit down on the couch right in front the tank eat my dinner and just stare fro hours on end. An everday routine during the weekdays. It is so soothing and calming makes me :haha:

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine is in my bedroom, so it is the first thing i see when i get up and the last thing i see before i sleep (dont tell my girlfriend that haha) i get trapped by it at least 3-5 times while im getting ready for work and i usually have to be called out of the room by the girlfriend when i get off work.... its a full blown addiction.... but as i have stated before she got me into it so she has created this monster haha

Haha, sounds like me. In fact, my g/f just told me last night that she wishes she was a fish so I'd look at her more, hehe.

OP
OP
E

emureef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats a shame... all that water and no time

agree its sad that you dont get to spend any time with your tank! I feel like i dont get to see mine as often as i would like even though its downstairs and im currently looking for a job lol i have plenty of time on my hands.. guess i dont have much of an excuse.

Reef lvr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a estate manager/groundskeeper, so i tend to slip in the house like every hour to check things..I spend every bit of 5hrs a day with my tanks!! Used to be otr driver, so i am very blessed to be home with my tanks, and wifey..lol

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get to spend about 15 min a day looking at my tank. I did a lot more back when my tank was right next to my computer but then I was the only one who got to see it.

barbianj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My FOWLR tanks are in place of a TV on the main level. They are low maintenance compared to a reef, so there is a lot of time to enjoy those two tanks while sitting in the living room. We have not subscribed to TV for just over a year now with the intent to spend time on hobby's that are more rewarding than vegetating on a couch. One of my wife's hobby's is collecting orchids, and now she really appreciates the tanks for the humidity that they provide. Her office just off of the living room was moved to our new business location, so that room was taken over by the reef tank. I make it a point to sit back and watch the reef every day, but I actually enjoy working on it as much.

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now since my temp system is in the basement usually about 15 mins in the morning and at night. When it goes back into my 1st floor office/den I get to look at it more often since I work out of my home and also in the evening if the kids are busy and the wife is watching a show that I don't want to watch.

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get to spend about an hour in the morning and an hour at night. but on weekends I spend way to much time with the tank.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back