Upside down ?

ReeferRookie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive recently been hearing people sometimes prefer to put their sticks sideways or upside down. Anyone have ne tanks with upside down sticks ?

OP
OP
ReeferRookie

ReeferRookie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshot_2014-08-28-14-08-46.jpg
you think lol ??

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure it will work! You won't have a base but will have some crazy irregular growth formations.

OP
OP
ReeferRookie

ReeferRookie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not my tank. This is the photo that inspired me to ask if anyone else is doing this whacky stuff i kinda like it

KritikaL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats not upside down thats just hanging! :D off that way they can grow but u put them up side down there is no benefit when on frag plugs :p.

Hanging means they just grow in every direction, i find that your gonna have to superglue a tip if you do that, because they end up growing everywhere and then there isn't a 'bottom' and i might be odd but that just annoys me and doesn't look very natural :( Imo best to try and get as much surface area in the light, and thats how i get my frags to grow and encrust :p

BuilderofDreams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have never tried to grow a stick upside down but i do commonly stand Montipora-plate corals vertically...

jordan banks

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hang all my nps upside down in a cave with flow. They do very well like that. As for sps I am no expert on them but I doubt they would do well since they mostly grow right side up in nature.

laineyg6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fantastic idea, especially for those who are growing and fragging corals. Would be a great help for any slow-growers because you can grab the multiple pieces and put them near each other to fill in empty spots. Not a good look for a display tank, in my humble opinion. But like I said, great idea for people just growing corals.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back