Added MP60 Polyps have more extension.

Av8Bluewater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added the MP60 this morning. I did notice some detritus coming out of the low flow areas so maybe the extra polyp extension is just from the extra nasties in the water.
215 gallon 72" X 30W X 24 tall.
I had 3 MP40s. One on middle back wall. Now MP60 left side. Lagoon - antisync mode.
So I had 45X plus return (maybe 800-1000).
Now I figure 65X plus return.
So what say ye experts.. Will my nice extra polyp extension last? I'm really impressed with this thing I wish I had added it earlier.
After reading a million threads about " MP40 or MP60 " I had this feeling MP60 might be too much but now that I see it in action I think it's perfectly appropriate and I have the fine oolite. No sandstorm here but My tank is a year old so it's pretty much settled.
Can't wait to see if I get better growth.

TruRacr314x

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the MP60 is great because of the wider flow pattern. In my little experience, I think flow is the area that a lot of reefers come up short. I never had good polyp extension until I switched the the MPs. I run mine on Reef Crest AntiSync and the corals love it!

TopPlanny_zpsca01a446.jpg

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The MP60 is a great pump, I bought one when they first came out, still running strong! The wide flow on this pump is fantastic, it pushes a ton of water! I think you'll continue to see the health of your corals and polyp extension continue to improve.

You will want to consider purchasing a second wetside, to keep the pump running long term you need to give them a vinegar bath every few months. In your reef you can probably afford to shut it down for a day, though. I cannot since it's my primary pump, so I need to have two wetsides.

Chameleon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got two mp40s on a 58 gallon tank and it works well. They will also have less polyp extension if your nutrients are low

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back