What time intervals should I set my LED lights??

fabuu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my LED lights from reefLEDlights.com and I was wondering what I should set the lights times at........ I have cool blue,royal blue,UV light, warm white (for High noon setting), and cool white. The blue to white lights is a 2:1 ratio. Currently there are 75 LED lights. Each set of lights has its own dimmers.

For maximum efficiency what times should I set these lights to?

If you need additional specs please reply to post.

ReefLEDLights

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my UV on for 14 hours at full this gives a really nice evening and morning actinic look.

The Royal Blue and Blue I have a 120 minute ramp up and down for 12 Hours

And the Whites are 120 minute ramp up and down for 10 Hours.

The lights are on full for only 6 hours.

Bill

OP
OP
F

fabuu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what does the ramp up and down do?

Also I would have to manually turn them up and down..... since I do not have the part to control the dimmers for my APEX controller.

ReefLEDLights

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Hyperion and Inventronics Drivers are APEX Ready.

Ramp Up Is the programming from the APEX that starts at 10% and ends at 100% intensity

The APEX has a VS1 &VS2 port to control Drivers and pumps. The Jr needs their VDM.

Any Cat5 cable or their DimCab can connect to the drivers for control.

Pin 1 is VS1+, Pin2 is VS1,- Pin 5 is VS2+ & Pin6 is VS2-

Bill

OP
OP
F

fabuu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see where I can do all this, but I might need a little extra help trying to figure this out. So I bought the APEX lite system. I have the eight port power strip that was provided with the system. I have 5 of the ports being used by each set of lights. One is being used for my sump light, another is used for the power heads inside the tank and the last is being used for fans to cool the LED lights.

When I was looking at it via phone app I set the lights to the specs you recommended. Now I went into the app and set the lighting time and then I would click profile and set the lights to profile one which was the ramp. I am not sure if it uses profile 1 (ramp) for all the ports on the power strip.

Should I go and create a program under the advanced profile for the controller part?

OP
OP
F

fabuu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My next question is what is VDM,VS1, VS2, pin1, pin2, etc…

OP
OP
F

fabuu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Bill,

Thanks for all the info, it helped me out quite a bit. I also continued to do research and now I fully understand how all this works!!! YAY!!

Also in my research I came across this guide that might be easier for beginners......DIY Guide:Dimming DIY LED lights with Neptune Systems Apex Controller - reefs.comIn the end of all this I found out that the my APEX LITE version did not come with the "VS1/2" or "VS3/4" ports..... so that was a fail. I'm fully prepared to make all this happen once I get the proper VDM.

-Andrew

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back