Does adding more white than pre-set sps/lps setting likely lead to more algae? (on Noopsyche K7 pro)

duganderson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a Noopsyche K7 Pro LED and I'm using the SPS/LPS presets but I have them all turned down to less than 1/3 of the total power of the SPS/LPS preset amount by color since it's currently on a small 15 g. cube. I've tested it with a PAR meeter and the par is where I want it.

The SPS/LPS setting on this light is 90% power on blue, green and UV, 70% power on purple, 20% power on red and 30% power on white.

My reduced power setting based of the SPS/LPS power ratio by color is 27% power on blue, green and UV, purple is at 21% power and red is at 6% power. My reduced power setting based of the SPS/LPS power ratio for white should be 9% power but I like the look at 18% better.

Does adding this extra white likely lead to substantially more algae growth?

If I'm turning down the power of the light from one of the preset settings, does my strategy of lowering the power of the light by the same ratio as the preset by color make sense????

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont think the little bit of extra white will add to more algae.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 115 74.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back