light for a 29g biocube

saltyphish

Certified Sand Groomer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends if you are wanting to keep the hood or mind modifying it. There are a few retro kits available for that tank. I personally use the rapidled retro kit on my 29 bio and like it. I also wanted to keep my hood without cutting it.

alex1524

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Zoa, looks like we have the same bday 1988! =-) So i'm in the same boat as you right now. I just bought a 29 biocube and have been doing a lot of research for lighting. The stock lighting isn't the best so obviously we need to upgrade our lighting for corals. As saltyphish pointed out the rapidled kit is awesome based on what my friends have said. I've always used rapid led on all my tanks and loved it. I just wanted to try something new this time to explore whats on the market and get a different perspective on things. So I decided to go with the Kessil A160 new LED light that just literally came out. I've read all the reviews on the A150 and haven't read not 1 bad comment. Take a look at the A160 you'll be glad you did. You can mount this on the back of the tank and take the hood off and you're all set and it's a great price. I got mine in the mail today and itching to go home and put it on!!

maxxin69

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would go Kessil. They are perfect over those cubes. Plus the 150 and 160 should be enough for SPS if you ever wanted to go that route.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back