Chalice ID please

myintkhine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I have 2 chalices that I can't figure out the name. Please help me with them. Thanks!!!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429974610.285512.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429974621.718980.jpg

bfam4t6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They don't look like anything I'm familiar with, and judging by their sizes, I'm going to say that they're just random pieces from the ocean. Cool pieces though!

OP
OP
M

myintkhine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They don't look like anything I'm familiar with, and judging by their sizes, I'm going to say that they're just random pieces from the ocean. Cool pieces though!

Thanks! The second piece has holes on it where claws like things come out and filter for food. Any idea what that species might be?

bfam4t6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's really hard to tell exactly which species, especially from the photos. However, those holes you describe sound like worms. Possibly spionid worms.

If you really want to know exactly which species it is, you might try googling "echinophyllia" and looking at the images. Up at the top, in the images section, you should see other species that are similar to echinophyllia, like aspera, echinopora, etc. Just browse through those until you think you've ID'd it. FYI, all chalice care is pretty similar, with the only major difference being, in my experience at least, tolerance to lighting. Some can take high light. Most can't.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back