Hello from Eugene, Or.

goathead

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, my name is Jameson (A.K.A. Goathead) and I live in Eugene Oregon, home of the Mighty Ducks! I have finally put a tank back together after a 13 year hiatus and I have to admit, things have really changed in that time. I am currently running a 55 gal. (sumpless) reef tank that is home to a pair of spotted cardinals, a pair of blue damsels, a pair of Ocellaris Clowns, a one spot foxface, a blue and gold Blenny, a harlequin shrimp, a pistol shrimp (that I have only heard, never seen), a emerald crab, a pom pom crab, a banded serpent star, and various soft corals that catch my eye. I started this one up 3 months ago under the guise of showing my 4 and 6 year old children the joy of keeping fish and inverts in the home. It didn't take long for my wife to see through that one... I've been told that I spend far too much time with my hands wet and and far too much money on my tank, but as of yet, no (serious) threats of divorce. I am ready to go bigger (I want to go at least 100 Gal. with a large sump) but unable to convince my wife why I need more room at this time. I am glad I found this community and I am sure that you will be hearing from me often. Its not perfect, but its a starting point for the madness. Now for some pics...
IMAG6441.jpg
IMAG6266.jpg
IMAG5972.jpg
IMAG6205.jpg

mike007

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome tank looks great.

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WELCOME ABOARD and as others have stated NICE TANK and GREAT START

Cheers, Todd

OP
OP
G

goathead

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back to the addiction. Good to see another Ducks fan here!
Can't wait for football season!! Ready to feed the need for some good ol' parking lot BBQing. Just curious rworegon, do you deal with Aqua Serene, Pet Time, or do you get the things you need/want online?? I am an Aqua Serene fan but occasionally, I still look at Pet Time for things. I simply refuse to get anything that I have to buy in a 'wet' state from that place though.. Anyway.. just curious to your thoughts on our LFS.

rworegon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like aqua serene. Paul, the saltwater manager is a great guy. He won't just sell you something just to sell you something. I would never buy any livestock from pet time. Don't forget the nautilus in Springfield. Aaron it's a good gut. I've picked up some nice stuff from time to time, including a great little maxima clam.

OP
OP
G

goathead

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like aqua serene. Paul, the saltwater manager is a great guy. He won't just sell you something just to sell you something. I would never buy any livestock from pet time. Don't forget the nautilus in Springfield. Aaron it's a good gut. I've picked up some nice stuff from time to time, including a great little maxima clam.
Where is this "Nautilus" of which you speak?? I was unaware of another option in Springtucky.. As for Paul at A.S., YES he is a great guy and has helped me immensely. He always remembers the inhabitants of my tank and will let me know if I am going to create a compatibility issue with my purchase before he will sell me anything. 5 stars for Aqua Serene.. I was in pet time the other day getting dog food and looked at their stock. They were selling several pieces of live rock covered in aptasia as primo rock at an increased cost lol. I took a picture and got a good laugh out of Paul when I showed him the competitions offerings...
IMAG6313.jpg
IMAG6314.jpg

rworegon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Nautilus is at 727 Main St, Springfield. Its owned and run by Aaron. He worked at Aqua Serene years ago and decided to go out on his own. He has fresh and saltwater and is a sponsor for out local club.

OP
OP
G

goathead

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wasn't very impressed with Nautalis, although the prices on his frags were quite reasonable. The store was very dark and with only 1 employee (unloading freight) it was difficult to get many questions answered. I will give it another go next time I find myself in Springfield, but for now, Aqua Serene is the default LFS.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to REEF2REEF! We're very glad you joined and hope that you will enjoy the forums, enter contest, start a tank thread, and just be a part of our family friendly community!

Start a new tank thread here: Member Tanks

Enter a FREE contest here: R2R Giveaway and Contest Forum

Thanks for joining and please make sure and post often!

19-1.gif

rworegon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wasn't very impressed with Nautalis, although the prices on his frags were quite reasonable. The store was very dark and with only 1 employee (unloading freight) it was difficult to get many questions answered. I will give it another go next time I find myself in Springfield, but for now, Aqua Serene is the default LFS.

Aaron takes some time to get used to. The first time I went in there I had a very negative impression. Yes the store is dark and at first Aaron seems distant and aloof. Unloading freight was probably part of it. I do think that Aaron has gotten better with time, or maybe its just because we have gotten to know each other better and can now talk like friends.

Picked up some peppermints from Aqua Serene yesterday to try to deal with some aptasia popping up in the cube. Also a sexy shrimp for Jenn's 6 gal edge.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back