Reef Fever

Reef Fever

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good. How's the multibar doing?

She's (i call her she, i dont know if it is or not) doing AWESOME! she eats pretty much anything which is nice. Her two bff's are a sunburst anthias and female blue star leopard wrasse. All 3 of them eat flakes, frozen, you name it. I got really fortunate with them. When you makin your way to vegas?

WrongGenotype

Gene
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool. I've heard they are not the easiest to keep. Must have got a good one.
The movers come the 27th. Should be in the new place by the end of the month but won't be moving coral with me until mid May.

OP
OP
Reef Fever

Reef Fever

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool. I've heard they are not the easiest to keep. Must have got a good one.
The movers come the 27th. Should be in the new place by the end of the month but won't be moving coral with me until mid May.
Yea I was adamant about getting it from the marshall islands. They are harvested in a much better method than in indonesia thus making them a healthier specimen. she was also isoloated with the sunburst and leopard for 3 months with minimal LR to ensure she ate prepared foods

beautiful coral and pictures!

Thanks so much!

OP
OP
Reef Fever

Reef Fever

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
update: bought my first house, moved the tank to a pretty permanent location, pictures of the tank soon. for now here is the house!

Attachments

• redknoll4.jpg
    redknoll4.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 327
  • redknoll3.jpg
    redknoll3.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 382
  • redknoll2.jpg
    redknoll2.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 358
  • redknoll.jpg
    redknoll.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 359
OP
OP
Reef Fever

Reef Fever

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I lied since my last post, was not a permanent location. sold that house about a month ago and moved into a brand new home! most of my coral and fish is gone. some is being held by friends temporarily until I get this tank back up. Had a lot of life changes in the last year and I plan to get this tank back up and better than ever.

OP
OP
Reef Fever

Reef Fever

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so since the tank is down, I'm tweaking some things in the meantime. I took a 48" aquatic life and chopped it up to supplement on my reef breeders. I know there are easier ways to add supplemental t5 but i got a good deal on the light and it has a built in controller so, here are the pics so far.

After getting it split, I had to rearrange some wiring. Normally bulbs 1 and 3 are on one timer, and 2 and 4 are on their own. I made it so 1/2 and 3/4 were on one. It helped with wire length more than anything.
T5.jpg

Still works!
T5...jpg

Mock up, lots of detail work left. Used all recycled parts from the light for the retro fit, the mounting brackets are the center heat sink cut down to size.
T5....jpg

Tested it over the tank
T5.......jpg
T5.....jpg

Most of the wires Cleaned up and the mounts cut to size, gotta figure out where I want the cooling fans, then hide those wires.
T5........jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back