KostasKappa 100g Reef.

Kostaskappa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello people. Here we will be able to see photos of my reef and discuss anything that might consider me in the future. Any advice is accepted.
So, some info first.
The size of the aquarium is 1,20x60x60 for the DT and 80x45x45 for the ST.
In sump theres a Reef octopus PS2000 internal and two mini filter-X reactors from fish-street.com running GFO and Matrix Carbon. For return pump i use an aquaclear 110 (3400 l/h).
In DT theres about 35 kgs of live rock and about 50 kgs of live aragonite.
I consider my reef as a mixed one cause i'm a proud owner of lots of lps, sps and zoas. No soft corals or anemones for me.
And now, lets take a sneak peak of the tank!

First of all, actinic shots!

TUSI

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Beauty full tank and pictures. Keep them coming

OP
OP
K

Kostaskappa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beauty full tank and pictures. Keep them coming

Thanks TUSI! Now days i'm struggling to get rid of cyanobacteria and I'll start shooting the tank again once i get rid of it for good. It's a newly established tank and i was waiting for cyanobacteria to make it's appearance. Yesterday i used chemi-clean and tommorow the therapy comes to the end with a 70 liters water change. Now the tank is 90% clean so tommorow it's gonna be perfect. Expect new photos mid week!

OP
OP
K

Kostaskappa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! Nice selection of corals!

Thanks Doatish! Here in Greece rare and ultra corals is extremely rare and really hard to find! My corals is a four year collection! Now days i can find more corals at the pet shops cause the hobby seems to rise once again! Hopefully in a year or something the tank will be fully stocked!

OP
OP
K

Kostaskappa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to mention some info about lighting and circulation. So, above DT theres a fully DIY led fixture with 14 10 watt bridgelux led's (5 cool white, 5 royal blue, 2 actinic & 2 rgb).
Circulation is managed by two jebao pumps (one 25 and one 40). Both are controlled with the dual controller and working in C mode.
Cheers! :tongue:

OP
OP
K

Kostaskappa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At saturday morning i used chemi-clean in my tank. It was literally full of cyanobacteria. Everything was covered by that disgusting slime. Today and about 4-5 hours ago i finished the therapy with a 70 liters water change and all i can say is...WOW! Theres not even a small piece of that slime inside my tank. Its gone for good! Skimmer went a bit crazy but i was expecting that. I changed carbon and GFO and plugged once again the reactor to power line! Everything looks wonderful! If someone has cyanobacteria i strongly recommend chemi-clean. Its the best product out there for this job!

OP
OP
K

Kostaskappa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New photos.....

Chemi took away some color from the sps but i was expecting that.... It needs time now to get back stronger!

OP
OP
K

Kostaskappa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys what's the best way to get back my sps colors in your opinion? Since i finished with chemi therapy almost all my sps lost their vivid colors! What should i do to get em back? My everyday routine is 4,2 ml of reef plus, 10 ml of two little fishes marine snow and fish feeding once. I do a 35 liters water change once per week!
No3 >0
po4 > undetectable

OP
OP
K

Kostaskappa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys what's the best way to get back my sps colors in your opinion? Since i finished with chemi therapy almost all my sps lost their vivid colors! What should i do to get em back? My everyday routine is 4,2 ml of reef plus, 10 ml of two little fishes marine snow and fish feeding once. I do a 35 liters water change once per week!
No3 >0
po4 > undetectable

Anyone...?

fishroomlady

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am far from an expert on sps but have read several times that sps benefit from slight amounts of nitrate and phosphate. You may want to try feeding some more and see if that helps. Beautiful tank you have there!!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back