180 Gallon tank, stand, T5 light, sump, QT tank for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandalscout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that I will not get back what I have in this, but this is what I have for sale:

180 Gallon Tank. The tank was purchased from Torq21 in Knoxville in February. It is an older tank, but it was online when I arrived to pick it up. It was holding water.

NEW custom built stand that is 36" tall as I recall. I wanted this to be tall enough that I didn't feel like I was stooping to see into it. Picture does not do this stand justice. It comes with all cabinet hardware, brushed stainless. It was removed to be stained, and currently has one coat of ebony stain. It will need at least one more. I'll throw in the stain I have, and a can of Killz to coat the inside.

Current Nova Extreme 72" light - this is the 12x39w unit. I purchased this from SmyrnaReefer in August. The bulbs had about 7 months of usage on them when I got them, and they have only been turned on twice to verify that they work. I have used Nova Extremes in the past on my 90 Gallon and LOVED this light.

Old tank stand - rough shape. It's one of those cheaper stand, stained black. The top was busted up, and partially cut. It will need some work, but might make a decent prop/frag/QT stand. That's what I was going to use. It also has a 55 gallon that was converted to a sump in it. I didn't plan on using this as a sump, but it's definitely workable in the new stand or old.

29 Gallon - was fresh water, planned to convert it to q QT setup.

I paid right at $775 for all of this stuff last year, not counting all of the little things. I am asking $500 for the tank, stand, extra stand, 29 gallon, sump, and all of the misc. crap that I have. I'm asking $150 for the lights. I will not sell the lights until the rest is gone.

You can see pictures here: 180 Sale Photos by sandalscout | Photobucket

Keep in mind, this stuff will have to be moved about 45 feet, and down a few steps from the front of the house down to the drive way. They are wide-spaced sidewalk steps though, so fairly easy to move. YOU WILL NEED TO BRING AT LEAST 2 VERY ABLE-BODIED FOLKS for us to move this tank. I did it with 2 people the first time, and I am not doing that again.

I'm only selling this because I bit off more than I'm willing to chew right now. I have my 34 gallon Solana online now, and I'm going to stick with it as my wife and I travel a decent bit, and I'd rather sink money into mororcycles.

Thanks,
Matthew

OP
OP
sandalscout

sandalscout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm now asking $500 for everything. Starting to plan moving, and really need the space to put boxes and stuff into. Thanks

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great price, Matt! I'm a bit surprised no one has jumped on this... maybe they're waiting on tax returns. :D

Brandon

JOKER

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the back of the tank painted? Also do you know what brand or how old tank is?

OP
OP
sandalscout

sandalscout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry Corey, I didn't see your reply.

The back glass is actually very darkly tinted. Not an apllied tint, but the glass is actually tinted during manufacturing. It is possible to see through it with a light, but barely.

I have no clue on the age of the tank, unfortunately. I don't know the manufacturer either, but the upper and lower trim pieces are painted wood.

BIKERRAT64

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have interest but not necessarkly for all of it.... i am in oak ridge... text me please 865 621 9857 put clarksville 180 in there so i will know what hou are talking about.

OP
OP
sandalscout

sandalscout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still have this setup for sale. We are moving this summer, and I need to get this stuff out of the "staging" room that it's in. Potentially interested in a trade/partial trade for a controller (RKL or similar), motorcycle stuff, 10 gallon+ air compressor or a decent wire welder.

BIKERRAT64

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an air compresser i may have trade interest for this set up. sdnd me your number and i can send you pics of if.

OP
OP
sandalscout

sandalscout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$400 for everything listed above now!

Only interested in cash now, have no desire to split it all up, unless someone want's only the light ($150).

Need to make some room in preparation for upcoming move.

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow!!!! Great deal!

Brandon

BIKERRAT64

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey man..what are the dimensions of the tank? Can you text to me? 8656219857.. Thanks.

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe its a standard 180, so 72x24x24.

Brandon

BIKERRAT64

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks Brandon. Clarification on the pictures would be helpful. The tank pics look like there are a lot of scratches..... Is that the case?? And no skimmer.. right??

OP
OP
sandalscout

sandalscout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks Brandon. Clarification on the pictures would be helpful. The tank pics look like there are a lot of scratches..... Is that the case?? And no skimmer.. right??
'

There are lots of light scratches in the glass, but I believe that the majority of them will disappear under water. Probably not all.

No additional hardware has been added to this setup since we last talked. So, no, no skimmer.

SmyrnaReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have a couple of skimmers plenty big for this size tank for sale if needed. PM me if interested so not to high jack this thread..

OP
OP
sandalscout

sandalscout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really really need this gone.... $300 for everything. The light is worth nearly that on its own. PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 53 52.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.9%
Back