OP
riche

riche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Here is a video I found, I think I will just go with sanded plywood 3/4" and build it like this, make the stand like 54" total width. I am painting it Black and then poly on top of that to give it a nice finish.

Im building it as this is a project from start to finish, drilling the tank, making the stand and canopy, and taking my time as My wife said it has to be nice lol

FUNGI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont see a reason to replace a sump unless damaged. If you have seen a Bashsea- they are built very rugged hence the price but worth every nickel. I am fortunate to have a 10ft stand so i can slide it right in.
If you have to replace a sump, in many cases you are draining the tank down anyway to stop the flow even with plumbing containing unions
Not to question your experience (nor steal this thread) but why would you have to drain the tank to disconnect a sump? I ask as I dont know......

FUNGI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Here is a video I found, I think I will just go with sanded plywood 3/4" and build it like this, make the stand like 54" total width. I am painting it Black and then poly on top of that to give it a nice finish.

Im building it as this is a project from start to finish, drilling the tank, making the stand and canopy, and taking my time as My wife said it has to be nice lol

Use Marine Grade Poly..easier to clean.....make sure you start build thread as it could help others......

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can skin a 2x4 stand with 1/4" plywood to make it look more appealing also. I watched the video and im sure that stand is a "tank". My 180 stand isnt that well braced and its a "tank" so I get it. I dont have a table saw or great tools and im not a great carpenter, if you do/are more power to ya. I used a tape measure, speed square, circular saw, and a drill driver to assemble 4 stands/racks from 2x4 and 2x6 all functional holding tanks for years.

magallonbuckinbulls

Beers, Bulls, and Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is plan for a 120G Tank. 58" Long. Re-size to your dims:
1705532857349.png
Nice brother. Do you have the DXF files? if not, LMK and I can generate using the drawing you posted.

And I would go with MDO (marine grade plywood) and veneer or laminate with desired finish.

Do you live by the Compton Cowboys :)

FUNGI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice brother. Do you have the DXF files? if not, LMK and I can generate using the drawing you posted.

And I would go with MDO (marine grade plywood) and veneer or laminate with desired finish.

I dont have DXF files.....and sorry not the cowboys....
1708644493645.png

Just keepin' it real!

FUNGI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Its been almost a month......you make it yet?

magallonbuckinbulls

Beers, Bulls, and Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Its been almost a month......you make it yet?
No lol. I decided to go with t-slot. It’s ordered from Mcmasters. Arrives tomorrow :). I redesigned the layout a bit. Will post updated drawings soon.

Since I’m no hurry, I’m taking my time lol.
Most people burial equipment I have except for the Versa dosing pump which I decide red to use for my ATO.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back