Bubble Algae

Edimar_Oliveira

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I removed the rock, put a drop of pure chlorine over the bubble, let the bubble until the bubble goes blanck, and returned the rock to the aquarium. I've done this procedure several times until today no more algae bubbles.

Abraços,

Jakflash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far my emerald crab is only eating the hair algae and walking right past the bubble algae. Well, at least he is eating something other than my coral.

sqcube4me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that is a cool video thanks for sharing .. i right now have a break out of bubble algae and trying to figure out where its coming from .. i have not added a new coral in almost a year .. i have noticed it tho since i broke down my 180 to to a 75 getting ready to my everything to go into my new build

Bradsreeeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are little spores in bubble algea. once you pop it the spores go everywhere landing on rock causing mor bubble algea. So when your crap "pop it" hes actaully makking it worse.

gregoryleonard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Naso Tang and Blonde Naso Tang will destroy Bubble Algae< I have had 3-4 different ones in different tanks and they all have eaten BA until it was gone. Of course you need to have a 125+ gallon tank to keep these guys/gals happy. Emerald crabs are hit or miss IMHO.
Has anyone won the war against bubble algae?

dman612

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea my two emeralds started out really active but they have been slacking lately. maybe wash/scrub rocks outside of tank, rinse and re introduce.

Chrome84

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Emerald crabs really are the "Go Too" fix for bubble algae. But they really are hit or miss some will absolutely eradicate them others will walk right past them even sit on them for moths without even touching them. My suggestion would be to throw a few in at a time and hope one has a taste for them and the others might catch on.

Acro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn't reef cleaners have a guarantee that their emeralds eat bubble algae or you get your money back?

Floreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
small emerald crabs are key------but if they get big and hungry---they can start to pick at stuff

TobySaelee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would buy a Emerald Crab for bubble algae,I have one in my 10 gallon and it does an awesome job. :angel:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 26.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 32.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back