Vibrant for bubble algae affecting corals?

SCH14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey everyone,
I noticed my large Goni is receding and was wondering if this can be caused by Vibrant? Have horrible bubble algae on my 310g (emerald crab) won’t work since it’s all up and down the back wall and glass on one side.

IMG_3901.jpeg IMG_3902.jpeg

rc8t6353

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used vibrant before it was exposed as an algaecide. It took care of my bubble algae. It did take a long time tho. All that said, I dosed at less than half the recommended amount and didn't see any coral issues. I have seen where others have had issues with it tho so I wouldn't rule it out. How much are you dosing?

OP
OP
SCH14

SCH14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I used vibrant before it was exposed as an algaecide. It took care of my bubble algae. It did take a long time tho. All that said, I dosed at less than half the recommended amount and didn't see any coral issues. I have seen where others have had issues with it tho so I wouldn't rule it out. How much are you dosing?
Dosing 1ml per 10 gallons weekly I believe. Will include pics of the algae later tonight/tomorrow

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dosing 1ml per 10 gallons weekly I believe. Will include pics of the algae later tonight/tomorrow
You have a 310 gallon tank -- put a foxface in there and odds are it will devour the bubble algae :)

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Was totally fine and actually thriving for months. Not until after vibrant am I seeing this
I have heard some pretty negative things about Vibrant, though not sure if it's related to the whole branding labeling stuff. I used it when I was having a crazy algae bloom and nothing else seemed to be helping. My algae went away but I lost a few inverts during the process. Hard to blame it on the Vibrant though cause the tank was already having problems.

That said, how long have you had the goni? From what I have read and watched, theses corals can do well at first and then crash, hence many saying they are hard to keep/it may not be related to the Vibrant. Personally I am terrible at keeping gonis happy.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was totally fine and actually thriving for months. Not until after vibrant am I seeing this
If everyone else fine, maybe vibrant is a possible for this coral.

We don’t know what’s in vibrant and some say it works, others say crashes their tanks, or kills something specific, but not others. No way to know.

Did work well for me.

I gave up on gonipora, just not for me, it doesn’t like me for more than 6 months, then gone-e-pora.

Like hello fungia, anyone have a pic of one beyond a year?

I was surprised how many things do crap in captivity.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 112 74.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back