Innovative Marine Micro NUVO fusion 30G 30L Owners Beware!!

Marquiseo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

As most of you know, I had issues with my Fusion 30L. Some of the fan boys denied it and called blasphemy but I am here to tell you everything about this tank and about my interaction with IM during this process. First, off as I stated many times, IM releases rushed tanks that aren't thought through and properly tested to avoid issues.

The first issue I encountered was improper flow to through the media racks. Instead the flow would go before it and around. I made a video and sent it to IM and "they pretty much indirectly called me a noob" and said your media rack doesn't have any media in it. I informed them the intent of not having media in the rack to show the flow. It doesn't have that much. Here is the video I sent them and they one they sent back to me:

My clip
[video=youtube_share;s8m3RvuTqKw]http://youtu.be/s8m3RvuTqKw[/video]

Their Clip:
[video=youtube_share;tCY9ulSA-34]http://youtu.be/tCY9ulSA-34[/video]

As you can see barely any flow to/through mine and lots through theirs.

The next issue I noticed when I lost both my helfrichi firefish. The media net is 1/2 short. The rep informed me it is that short to ensure cords can come out the display for pumps or anything else. So I said I would send him images. These are the original images I sent:

14975344922_a66e570cc9_c.jpg

14789013260_4d4885bb86_c.jpg

14789088348_5aeb104d54_c.jpg

As you can see there is bowing but Brian H. at IM said that wasn't enough. So I took another set of images from up top:

14962792381_c33c6df0f1_c.jpg

14965890975_260cacd217_c.jpg

14779351397_190a017b0f_c.jpg

Guess what he also said those aren't good enough. He stated that he printed out the images and used a straight edged ruler and didnt see a bow........
Look at the image below. The mesh net is a perfect 180 degrees. As you can see the mesh net is flushed again the glass but there is a space, the bow. I have circled it. The next thing is the bow in the false wall bending which can be seen below as well. Either the rep is completely in denial about their product or the rep is very incompetent.

14972667751_7d65dd02f0_c.jpg

14975419242_26310bb007_c.jpg

So, I called and got a new rep that was suppose to call me back the same day and never called back. So I called today and the rep stated that the warranty department will contact me. So I received an email stating that I need to ship the tank to them and they will not cover the charges and if found not to bow, I will again have to pay shipping for the tank to be returned. what the heck!!! So lets calculate how much money I am losing right now:

Bowing tank - $475
Media Racks - $80
2 Helfrichi Firefish - $150
Shipping Tank to IM - ~$150+

Total: $855

In the email I stated that I want a REPLACEMENT tank and that I would need a shipping kit of some sort shipped to me to ensure that the tank arrives safely and they responded with its up to me to get the tank their and to just get insurance.

So IM 30L, if you tank have even the slightest bow, its going to start to progress and bow like mine because those tanks are cheap and rushed. I am basically at the point where I have to dish out more cash just for them to fix a mistake on their part.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS TANK TO ANYONE!!!!! I won't even sell this crap to anyone.

leadsinker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go to know, i have been thinking about buying this size also. Second issue i have read about this tank

broach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is. Dry common for innovative tanks or aio tanks in general. As acrylic has a tendency to curve slightly in the middle. Wouldn't worry too much about this

OP
OP
Marquiseo

Marquiseo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is. Dry common for innovative tanks or aio tanks in general. As acrylic has a tendency to curve slightly in the middle. Wouldn't worry too much about this
the panels are glass..

smiley28

Hectorj
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to bash IM but I thought it would be cool to try out one of their nanos and nothing you said surprises me. Its a give and take relationship with the tanks cause they could be great if they worked properly, but they are trying to cram detail into nanos which in my opinion is why there are so many issues.

Up2no6ood

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow and I was really wanting one of these tanks! Thanks for the heads up.....And printed it out and used a ruler?!?!?!?!

Why not just do this? Pretty obvious to me
ysu2fbkp.jpg

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 24 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.9%
Back