Innovative Marine Media Reactor

Novicereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I want to get a media reactor for my 36 gallon bow front. I'm looking at the Innovative Marine desktop model. I'm curious if I can run it with multiple media in there at once and run it in place of my hang on back filter or do I need to keep the filter as well?

The plan was to have the sponges at the bottom, GFO, then carbon, then bio pellets...is this feasible?

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. Its just a tube that water passes thru. Once it has grown some bacteria you can prob stop using your hang on the back filter

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I want to get a media reactor for my 36 gallon bow front. I'm looking at the Innovative Marine desktop model. I'm curious if I can run it with multiple media in there at once and run it in place of my hang on back filter or do I need to keep the filter as well?

The plan was to have the sponges at the bottom, GFO, then carbon, then bio pellets...is this feasible?
as long as the bio pellets still have enough room and flow to tumble. I would also separate the layers. I ran a 8g at work on my desk with 2- 2 little fishes reactors run by a mj1200 and live rock and a small koralia. No other filtration. Took 2 water bottles of fresh salt water to work once a week for water changes. Ran fine for 18 months then corp said to take it down.

OP
OP
N

Novicereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. Its just a tube that water passes thru. Once it has grown some bacteria you can prob stop using your hang on the back filter
Got it! I was planning on taking the bio pellets from my current setup and moving it to the media reactor
as long as the bio pellets still have enough room and flow to tumble. I would also separate the layers. I ran a 8g at work on my desk with 2- 2 little fishes reactors run by a mj1200 and live rock and a small koralia. No other filtration. Took 2 water bottles of fresh salt water to work once a week for water changes. Ran fine for 18 months then corp said to take it down.
oh good to know. I'll see how small this one is. Coming tomorrow. If it's small enough I may just run 2 media reactors in the back corner of the tank.

OP
OP
N

Novicereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got it! I'm planning on using the bio pellets from my current setup and moving it to the media reactor to keep as much bacteria as possible

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 142 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.4%
Back