My plan to set up a proper reef aquarium

Reif

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! This is my very very first post on this website! Ok so I have had a twenty gallon tank for about 5 months now with 3 small fish and a load of zoa's. I was in hospital for about 2 weeks with a really bad infection in my hip but anyway. During this time I was gone my tank turned to crap ): I have ALOT of algae covering just about everything. Most of my corals have closed up and the polops are slowly dying off. So in a last ditch attempt I've decided I'm going to setup a new tank. My plan is to have a sump with an algae scraper and protein skimmer. I'm going to get a 120watt full spectrum light and I will have a surge tank to create a wave like effect. I've got a really cool idea for the design of the tank and cabnet too but yeah. So the question is is there anything I can do to save my last few corals and what else should I have in the new tank. So I don't know too much about the saltwater hobbie but I'm getting there :)

tyler1503

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with zero nitrates. Just keep up maintainance and it will eventually go away. Do you have many snails or algae eaters in there?

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 19 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back