Blue/Green Chromis

Cardiak21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's a good amount for a 72 gallon? 3? 5? I have a false clown, flamehawk and a peppermint shrimp.

Thanks

john90009

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
blue chromis will sometimes tend to pick on a week one untill hes dead i started with 5 in my 75 and now they are down to two and the two swim together all the time.

Raggamuffin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on them picking out the weaker ones. My local fish guy told me when I first started that if I wanted 3 buy 7 and within a year I will have my 3. The fact that he was wrong and I had 7, 2 years later has no bearing other than me teasing him... by the time year 3 rolled around I actually was at 3 LOL.

To answer your question I would suggest exactly what he told me. Buy 2 times what you actually want and figured at full grown 15-20g per chromis. This is because they never stop moving during the day and need room to school.

Last edited:

WhoDey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on them picking out the weaker ones. My local fish guy told me when I first started that if I wanted 3 buy 7 and within a year I will have my 3. The fact that he was wrong and I had 7, 2 years later has no bearing other than me teasing him... by the time year 3 rolled around I actually was at 3 LOL.

To answer your question I would suggest exactly what he told me. Buy 2 times what you actually want and figured at full grown 15-20g per chromis. This is because they never stop moving during the day and need room to school.

Solid info by your LFS even though it took 3 years to play out in your system, only took about 6 months to play out in mine.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Bought 12 and a week later only had 5... It has been almost 2 years and I still got 5..
My prop system I set up I bought 12 and in a week had 2 left... There still together today...;)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back