Great Forum Challenge! FINAL WEEK!! Week #12 April 19th - 25th

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
UPDATE:: WEEK 12: Member with the most points for this week wins the week #12 spot. See below for point details!

The time has come for the R2R Forum Challenge! The rules and how the contest will go as is follows:

Contest Start: Feb. 1st @ 12am Eastern (each week starts over at 12am est.)
Length of contest: 12 WEEKS
Number of Qualifiers: 12 (One per each week. Points will start over at the beginning of each contest week. Each member can only qualify once.)
Winners: Each qualifier will win a prize. (We will draw for the Grand Prize from the group of 12 and then so on until all prizes are gone. One prize per qualifier)
To Qualify: Member with the top point total for each week will be that weeks qualifier.

Ok so I guess you're wondering how to get points? Here goes the point breakdown.
You will receive points for certain task. These points are automatically added by the contest software I have so there is no room for human error. Here is a list of how to earn points.

Every time you post you will receive 10 points. (minimum of 50 characters to be counted and yes the software knows if it is 50 or not)

If you start a thread that is decided to be "STICKY WORTHY" you will be given 250 points for the week the thread has been started. If you wish for your thread to be considered for this you must contact skinz78 with a link to your thread via PM during the week that you have started your thread. The R2R Team will then decide if your thread is "STICKY WORTHY". Entry's for this portion of the contest will be cut off on the Sunday of the week to give the R2R staff time to decide on what is "sticky worthy".

Every time you refer a person and they add your exact member name to the registration process you will receive 50 points. (new member must have at least 5 post for your points to add in. Also if we detect that you have created new accounts in order to "cheat" then you will be disqualified instantly and put on R2R probation. Sounds harsh I know but people try to cheat)

For every thread you post to you will receive 10 points. (this only counts one time per each thread and still needs a minimum of 50 characters)

For every forum you post too you will receive 10 points. (this only counts one time per forum and still needs a minimum of 50 characters)

For every thread you start you will receive 20 points. (you need a minimum of 50 characters to count)

Note: If we see threads and post that are worthless they will be deleted. Also offenders will be disqualified. Also note that their are certain forums that will not count any points for post or threads no matter what. These are the selling, trading, ID, sponsor, feedback, giveaway, lounge, and club forums. These will not count!

PLEASE note that it doesn't matter how many post and so on you have now. The contest starts everyone fresh no matter if you have 1 post or 1000 post before the contest starts. Everyone has an equal chance!

Ok so now for the prizes and awesome sponsors of each prize!

1. Grand Prize Sponsored by REEF2REEF is a 150G Marineland Deep Dimension Aquarium, Stand, and Canopy.
r2ranimated-1.gif

2. $1000 Gift Certificate Sponsored by Sexy Corals.

3. $1000 Coral Package Sponsored by Sexy Corals.

4. Bubble Magus BM-180CS Protein Skimmer Sponsored by TB Aquatics.

5. Evolution LED Light Sponsored by Evolution LED.

6. 24" x 18" x 10" Rimless Frag Tank Sponsored by our very own DIY Moderator Troylee.

7. K1 Kalk Stirrer Sponsored by Avast Marine.

8. Reef Keeper Lite Sponsored by: Sponsored by REEF2REEF!

9. Avast Media Reactor Sponsored by Avast Marine.

10. Classic Series Frag Rack Sponsored by The Blue Glow.

11. Avast Top Off Kit Sponsored by Avast Marine.

12. Frag Pack Sponsored by our very own moderator Drainbamage.

Please thank our sponsors by visiting their websites and by purchasing from them! Also if you have any questions please ask in this thread. Remember now that each week there will be one new qualifier for a prize with the chances of 1 in 12 of winning the Grand Prize. So if you get started late on the contest that is not a problem!

Thank you and best of luck to you all!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
WEEK 1: m and m

WEEK 2: skinz78

WEEK 3: dougers31

WEEK 4: Troylee

WEEK 5: Captain Nemo

WEEK 6: Akabryanhall

WEEK 7: Ricwilly

WEEK 8: Wy Renegade

WEEK 9: Drainbamage

WEEK 10: CJO

WEEK 11: swannyson7

WEEK 12:

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right on, getting down to the nitty gritty here!

Any insight as to when the prizes will be drawn for and divvy'd out?

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! There were a few of you that were nipping at my heels last week. Best of luck to everyone this week!

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man ole man how time flies!!!!! Guess I got me a frag tank to build this week....;)

Gotta love procrastination. It better be the best frag tank you have ever seen or at least a tribute to it.

Goodluck everyone in the final week of the contest.

Where can one see their score?

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
man I would sure love to be on the list to win something. Been posting forever on many threads. Sure would be nice if the countless hours and money invested paid off for something. Sometime.
:(

Mojo~

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ill wear my r2r shirt to MACNA this year if that helps.... :)

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go man go, get to posting - highest post count wins the week and is guaranteed to win one of those cool prizes donated by our very cool sponsors!

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck everyone. Mojo- give it a go. You've definitely given a lot to the forums, be cool to get something out.

CJ

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol its all good. I do it cause I enjoy it and i do my best to help out fellow reefers. Hate spending money on things I dont need to really. would be nice to win something. But no matter a contest or not I will be here day in and day out. Thanks rev and sponsors for doing things like this. Greatly appreciated.

Mojo~

swannyson7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like there's some fierce competition going on here this week!

swannyson7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nowhere to see it... only Rev can see the numbers. I've seen about 4 or 5 people that have been tearing it up!

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nowhere to see it... only Rev can see the numbers. I've seen about 4 or 5 people that have been tearing it up!

Ah ok, that makes sense now. I spent an hour searching for the numbers last night. Then went to bed grumpy because I couldn't find it.

Captain Nemo

Look Ma, it's Nemo!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck to all you guys! And congrats to Swanny!!! Last week push! and THANK YOU TO ALL OF THE SPONSORS WHO HAVE MADE THIS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!:bigsmile:

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah ok, that makes sense now. I spent an hour searching for the numbers last night. Then went to bed grumpy because I couldn't find it.

thats a shame! I think it's been answered in every single weeks thread, so I don't think anyone thought to create a separate thread that stated it in the title or something (in a way the search engine would find)

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I know SFU has been posting a lot. He has to be up there.

thats a shame! I think it's been answered in every single weeks thread, so I don't think anyone thought to create a separate thread that stated it in the title or something (in a way the search engine would find)

O well, at least I know now.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 53 52.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.9%
Back