Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my entry!
1711845955393.png

As obsessed as I've become with the reef tank hobby, I can't ignore the many freshwater systems that got me into fishkeeping to begin with! Thus, I've decided to do half freshwater, half saltwater!

The top left image is of my Jack Dempsey cichlid, Sweetums. I've had him since 2019, and he's nine inches long.

The top right is one of three South American puffers (Huey, Dewey, and Louie) I had in a 36g a couple of years ago. Very fast and entertaining little fish!

Bottom left is Waldo, my red rooster pygmy waspfish. While he was usually hiding away, when he was out and about, it made for really stunning pictures!

Bottom right is Eve my auora goby. Similar to Waldo, she would usually hide and only make her head visible. After bonding with my tiger pistol shrimp, however, she was much more confident to stay on the lookout, which made photographs a lot easier!

The first image was taken with an iPhone 14 Pro and the last three were taken with an iPhone XR. The key is to use the flash photo at night when the tank light is on but the room itself is dark. Works best when the fish is against a black or really dark background. You can also play with the live photo settings to find just the right lighting conditions, usually between flashes.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is from my old 120. Fish are around 2.5 years old at time of the pic.
I always thought it was a cool pic.
False percula clownfish pair with one a miss bar. You cant see the miss bar but its the small one thats the male. They are also a breeding pair. One of my 2 anthias and my pixy hawkfish.
That makes 4 fish.
20211119_200818.jpg

OP
OP
maroun.c

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is from my old 120. Fish are around 2.5 years old at time of the pic.
I always thought it was a cool pic.
False percula clownfish pair with one a miss bar. You cant see the miss bar but its the small one thats the male. They are also a breeding pair. One of my 2 anthias and my pixy hawkfish.
That makes 4 fish.
20211119_200818.jpg
intent was for a collage of 4 pics of a single fish each but guess you're right its 4 fish :)
not sure how the vote will go on that one.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 81 77.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 10.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back