Coral growing contest!!!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes this is going to happen very soon! Would like some if your thoughts and input. Prizes are all lined up including fish food, LED Lights, Coral packs, Frag Tanks, and more!!

Categories will be:

SPS
LPS
ZOAS

And possibly one more....

It's going to be pretty simple besides having to post updated photos in a consistent manner. Yes I know some coral grows faster than others and it will be your choice to pick the best for you to enter with! :)

So you think we could have some fun with this one?? Would you be interested? Ideas?

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ours will be better. LOL!

ReefMadScientist

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also,

We have to be sure the pictures being posted are not OLDER pictures but claimed to be within a few weeks ago. Not sure how we can avoid this fraud...

fishroomlady

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to participate! this would help motivate to feed my corals more consistently :)

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well you'll be able to enter all categories and we will have ways to keep people from cheating. :)

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Let's hear some ideas!!

SkipperTheSohalTang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will be just in time got my Nano Code A&B, BioFuel,MicroBacter7 and Matrix!! Now that my SPS are fully acclimated, they grow fast, but it'll be a challenge to pick one!

Davesgt

Happy Happy Happy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about we start from fresh frags. Include pics of size And/or polyp count, give a set amount of time for contest and require weekly updates and pics of progression.

fishroomlady

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ideas in terms of how to have the contest go or which coral? I would think each person could pick one of whichever species (sps, lps, zoas) they want to enter and then a period of time for growth is set and the contestants post growth pictures at certain intervals.? An end date is decided from the beginning. - is that what you're looking for rev?

Davesgt

Happy Happy Happy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also add in your conditions ( lighting, flow, placement, and supplement) That way not only a contest but a learning experiment on supreme conditions for each coral.

SkipperTheSohalTang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also add in your conditions ( lighting, flow, placement, and supplement) That way not only a contest but a learning experiment on supreme conditions for each coral.
When will it start? I think these are great ideas! Or do a category for mariculture colonies!

Back