Aquascaping a Nuvo 16

Snookin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received my Nuvo 16 and 12 lbs of BRS Pukani. I should have taken a picture of the rock. It was 17+lbs and just one massive piece. I literally had to smash it into 3 smaller pieces so I could fit it into my Nuvo 16 and actually do some aquascaping.

Please look at what I've done so far. I chiseled away for about an hour to get these shapes. I still have more rock left and may build an arch between the two rocks.

Please let me know your feedback and any suggestions you have on how to make this aquascape better.

Thanks in advance.
Standing pic.jpg
front view.jpg

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I LOVE it!! Great job!

tjgr34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that's a decent 'scape, but I would do something to add depth of field. I suggest moving the bigger piece slightly towards the center and angling it a bit.

OP
OP
Snookin

Snookin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone!
Tjgr34, I agree with adding some depth. Here are 3 new pictures I took showing the left, front, and right angle views. Enough depth you think?

Also, I am thinking about cutting 2-3inches off the bottom of the larger rock on the right. You think that's a good idea or leave it the same?

Thanks everyone...
Left.jpg
center.jpg
right.jpg

Velodog2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, since we are being picky now, the piece you added to the left hand island makes the heights too similar for me, although in itself it is a nice looking rock.

fishroomlady

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks really good! I agree in that I might not have both rocks be the exact same height.

OP
OP
Snookin

Snookin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone! I know it maybe a little picky but I have never done dry rock and now I have a chance to create an aquascape I am happy with. I usually throw in live rock and don't have the time to create the best scape and then I am usually unhappy after a short period of time.
I agree on making them not the same height though. I do not think I can change the large rock on the right due to the fact I have some neat caves inside the rock that are hard to see on the picture. I do not want to break the rock when trying to saw the bottom. So, I am going to cut down the rock on the left.
Thanks for the feedback everyone.
I'll repost once done and full of water so you can see the final product.

OP
OP
Snookin

Snookin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please take a look at my final aquascape with BRS Pukani rock. Let me know what you think and any recommended changes if you have any ideas.
Thanks.
Far Out.jpg
Close Up.jpg

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the rock to the left, the smaller skinnier one. I am just not a fan of big rocks (boulders in nanos). you'll get more of a minimalist look going if you change the large one out for the thinner one that you had in post one #6.
Congrats on your new nano.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 41.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 34.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back