Low range tests

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Randy assuming your familiar with my triton test thread, Are there any low range copper / zinc test kits or perhaps any water testing facilities I could use? Other than Triton since I'm only really interested in those 2 tests for now, to sample several things.

I have no problem sending my new ro mixed salt water to triton but they aren't testing until jan 19 which is a problem for me.

I also have a bit of an idea. I feed blackworms daily, and keep a large vat of them with it's own sump. I maintain them with non ro water. I'm wondering if the worms could be absorbing zinc and or copper from that water. I'd rather not send my freshwater worm water to triton though.

I've tested everything with seachem copper and api copper test which all shows nothing. Even my reef although triton says it is there.

Wondering about what the conversion would be from their results to the ppm that standard hobby tests read.

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No kits go low enough, but if you have money to burn you can try www.enclabs.com. :D

1 ug/l is about 0.001 ppm

Yeah......um......ahhhhh..... Im thinking to stick with Triton for the yearly check up. Thanks anyway enc.

....but if I had the extra money, you know we all would.

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back