Post your results

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

hatfielj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any tap water use? Tap water can contain aluminum. The EPA secondary guidelines can allow up to 200 ug/L. :)

No, I use a 5 stage RO/DI. Filters are probably about 6 months old now, so I suppose they may be due to for a change soon. Although my TDS meter still reads zero.

Willy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
230 gal reef
Red Sea Coral pro salt
Calcium reactor with Arm media, GFO and Carbon reactor
60 gal WC once a month(15 to 20 gal a week from now on with new WC system)

triton.jpg
triton2.jpg

dirtdobber06

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We need someone good at statistics to design a spreadsheet where the data can be entered along with additives/salt mixes used to help determine if any patterns emerge. This might be more efficient than testing every possible additive. Is there anyone out there that can design such a spreadsheet or algorithm? Or are there simply too many variables?

swk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a question for everybody:

Those of you with high amounts of heavy metals, are you running refugiums?

My test came out extremely clean and besides using the salt that I use and my water change schedule, the only thing that may differ is my fuge that is packed with caulerpa, chaeto and bryothamnion

choff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I be concerned with my high lithium and Silicon? I see others with high tin as well.

I had a cfl bulb crack in my system 9 months ago. At this point I would assume that's all been flushed through the many WC and I replaced 90 pct of the rock and sand.

- 310 gallon system with fuge
- reef crystals salt
- seachem seagel and rox carbon in separate reactors.
- calcium reactor

Last edited:

choff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should mention I run a 7 stage rodi with dual DI and my output reading is always 0 TDs.

dirtdobber06

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also run reef crystals and my Bromine and Lithium are high. Boron is caution. My silicone is not and Sn is nomal. Wonder if reef crystals has high lithium and Bromine. Has anyone mixed up a batch of reef crystals and had it tested without it going into the tank?

choff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked back and saw another IO user who had high lithium.

I can't believe I forgot to mention what I dose. I dose RS colors A,B,C and D. I dose their suggested daily amount , but only once a week on Sundays. I drew my water on Friday. The zero iron was shocking to me because on top of the iron I get from RS color, i also dose Randy's formula using fergon tablets.

Silicone is the one that has me the most curious. I don't think I've seen anyone with high silicone.

dgrigor02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also run reef crystals and my Bromine and Lithium are high. Boron is caution. My silicone is not and Sn is nomal. Wonder if reef crystals has high lithium and Bromine. Has anyone mixed up a batch of reef crystals and had it tested without it going into the tank?

I had a full 50g bag of Instant Ocean fresh mix tested ( I did spike some element but didn't touch Bromine or Lithium ). Lithium results were 368mg/l, Bromine 95mg/l so yes both are a little high. Another interesting thing though did show some Copper 2.29mg/l where my 180g show test was 0.

dgrigor02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Typo on the Copper, 2.29ug/l not mg/l.

PS: I wish you could edit your posts.

choff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can in 2 more posts.

Just read a paper by Randy about silica which I'm assuming is where my silicone reading is coming from. I have almost no diatoms which you would expect with a high silica count. Must be my lack of iron, low phosphates and nitrate that is keeping them from exploding with that silica count.

Last edited:

Shpongled

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank Size: 450 gallons
Salt: B-Ionic ESV
Additives: Acropower (8-10ml per day), B-Ionic Two part, B-Ionic Manesium (10-15ml a week), Brightwell Lugols (8 drops a week), Warner Marine potassium (20ml a week)
FoWC: 50 gallons once a week
image.jpg

image.jpg

I understand where the Lithium is coming from. Bromide is high. Also Molydenum is non-existent in my tank??

Nano sapiens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
12g Nano AIO (no sump) - 6-1/2 years old
50/50 Reef Crystals/Instant Ocean <- for the last year...previously MicroLift)
15%/wk water change
No mechanical or chemical filter media (live rock & live sand only)

12g Triton Test1_111314.jpg

Last edited:

Nano sapiens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okaaaay, 30 min to edit and it's locked :(

Pages 1 & 2:

12gTritonTest2_111314_zps13a2a4c2.jpg

12gTritonTest2_111314_zps8b76ff3b.jpg

Additives: Kalwasser, Kent Concentrated Iodine (3-4 drops/week) and ESV B-Ionic Magnesium

Last edited:

choff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I (aka a guy on my local board) think I figured out the source of my silicone and possibly the Al. I swapped out my live rock for a cerameco vidarock scape.

Anyone else with ceramic pieces in their tanks get tested?

Back