Post your results

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

swk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I (aka a guy on my local board) think I figured out the source of my silicone and possibly the Al. I swapped out my live rock for a cerameco vidarock scape.

Anyone else with ceramic pieces in their tanks get tested?

I have a ceramic piece in my tank and didn't have either of those elevated

OP
OP
Keithcorals

Keithcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I (aka a guy on my local board) think I figured out the source of my silicone and possibly the Al. I swapped out my live rock for a cerameco vidarock scape.

Anyone else with ceramic pieces in their tanks get tested?

I've got a ton of ceramic in my tank and got an elevated aluminum reading but no silicone. It's possible or even likely my ceramic is not from the same source as yours.

trueblackpercula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got mine back today and i am shocked
IMG_1152.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg
IMG_1150.jpg

reef_ranch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here are my second set of results after I made the following changes:
Replaced all of the ESV salt water with Tropic Marin Pro Reef, removed one of two Marine Pure blocks, stopped dosing all supplements and removed the gfo. Also, I have no live rock, my entire reef structure is cerameco and I have another few pounds of aquaroche ceramic rock. My first test results are at post #15 on this thread.
Here are the new results
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417150935.043067.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417150948.743848.jpg

TheClark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are my second set of results after I made the following changes:
Replaced all of the ESV salt water with Tropic Marin Pro Reef, removed one of two Marine Pure blocks, stopped dosing all supplements and removed the gfo. Also, I have no live rock, my entire reef structure is cerameco and I have another few pounds of aquaroche ceramic rock. My first test results are at post #15 on this thread.
Here are the new results
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417150935.043067.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417150948.743848.jpg

Did you basically do partial water changes until you had 100 tropic Marin pro?

reef_ranch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Did you basically do partial water changes until you had 100 tropic Marin pro?

Yes, I used my stenner auto water change pump. It took about 10 days, I changed close to 500 gallons

Also @acesq do you have any idea why you phosphate whent down to 0 ?

I think it is because I dosed a bit of Sodium Nitrate in an effort to raise the nitrates, but I can;t be sure. My Hanna ULR meter reads at .02

OP
OP
Keithcorals

Keithcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My water is worse after doing water changes with tropic Marin Pro reef. I did a number (don't remember how many) of water changes with it the month after my first test results. The only other thing that was added was Brightwell boron but not enough to raise it to the level shown on the test. I also have been running my refugium far less have the light off for days at a time and my po4 is still very low

OP
OP
Keithcorals

Keithcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I seem to be getting good growth but some of the color isn't as nice as it was. I don't think any of the elavated levels are really that bad but I'll be happy when they are closer to naturel seawater

TheClark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am surprised the Lithium is still an issue even with Tropic Marin Pro Reef. Thanks again for sharing, even if there is allot of head scratching involved it is still great to share the info... :eek:oh:

Vmacisback

Vern McCalla
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I seem to be getting good growth but some of the color isn't as nice as it was. I don't think any of the elavated levels are really that bad but I'll be happy when they are closer to naturel seawater

Keith how do you like the Tropic Marin Pro? I just ordered some since I plan on making the transition over to the Triton method once i get my results back.

OP
OP
Keithcorals

Keithcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keith how do you like the Tropic Marin Pro? I just ordered some since I plan on making the transition over to the Triton method once i get my results back.

After seeing it moved my boron way up along with a few other things I will not be using it again.
I do t really have a salt I like at this point and really wish triton would recommend a new one because tropic Marin pro is not a salt I'd recommend. I don't mean to be negative I'm just a little annoyed that I did a bunch of water changes and then got worse test results after using a salt that was recommended

Vmacisback

Vern McCalla
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After seeing it moved my boron way up along with a few other things I will not be using it again.
I do t really have a salt I like at this point and really wish triton would recommend a new one because tropic Marin pro is not a salt I'd recommend. I don't mean to be negative I'm just a little annoyed that I did a bunch of water changes and then got worse test results after using a salt that was recommended
When you got the prescription of how to reset your params via Triton did they give you a set of directions on how many water changes to do based on your issues? If so I assumed you followed it and I can see how that wouldn't be a good start to starting with this method if the water changes didnt help. Makes me nervous that I want to start this method and am awaiting my test results after already ordering the Tropic Marin PRo to solve any issues. I wonder if the salt I am using would just be better to continue with, I guess ill know in a few weeks. Thanks for your comments.

Last edited:

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back