• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Digital Aquatics has terrible customer service and they don't stand behind their warranty

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

huskerreefatl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the Reefkeeper Lite in late November and it had problems so I decided to upgrade to the Reefkeeper Elite rather than exchanging the RKL, which showed up defective..the clock didn't work on it so it is useless. I contacted customer service and they told me that they would send another one. It has been over a month and nothing so far and all of my calls to their sales and support numbers go straight to voice mail with no return calls. I have also sent emails with no replies so here I sit with a Reefkeeper Elite head unit in the box and can't get a hold of them to replace it. I have filed a Better Business Bureau complaint against them, which they have a C- rating because there are plenty of complaints about the same thing...terrible customer service and warranty support. If they don't respond to that, small claims court is next. I would not buy this product...go the Apex route, which is a little more expensive, but worth it from everything that I have read.

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
................ If they don't respond to that, small claims court is next........

I'm going to assume with a screen name of "husker," that you are a Nebraska reefer. When filing small claims, they need to be filed in the county where the business is located. DA is located in Everett, Washington. I would image a plane ticket from Nebraska to Washington, and associated expenses, is more than the cost of the controller. And that is how they have you! Sorry.

OP
OP
huskerreefatl

huskerreefatl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually a Georgia reefer, but from Nebraska and went to school there. I looked at that and thought that it could be added to the cost of the suit. My understanding is that all related legal expenses can be added in the suit...but I could be wrong. But I have a ton of Delta miles so I could take a free flight there and then visit some peace corps buddies while there. It is about principle now....

OP
OP
huskerreefatl

huskerreefatl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The sad part is that it doesn't need to come to this....just return phone calls or emails and support your products....that isn't too much to ask. I understand that they are busy but we all are.

OP
OP
huskerreefatl

huskerreefatl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the other hand, I bought the Autoaqua Smart ATO through Amazon and it wasn't working right. Coral Vue handles the warranty support for them and after a few emails, the same day, they shipped a new one. That is great customer service and I will spend more money there in the future.

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate to be the negative Nancy, but you may not add in lost wages or travel expenses connected with preparing the lawsuit.

Unless you have money to make a point, I'd still try to be as civil as possible to try to have them fix the controller. I know this is hard to chew, but legally, I think you're stuck.

OP
OP
huskerreefatl

huskerreefatl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the input. I will give it a go and see where it heads. I have a real problem with companies or people have so little respect for other people that they can't even reply to an email. Right now, I don't want the system....just a refund for the cost of the system. It is still under warranty and within their return policy so the are obligated to take it back or the court will tell them that. For me, it may just be some skymiles and couple days vacation in Seattle.....and the principle.

DaveMorris

MACNA2016 Co-Chair
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be talking to one of the techs at DA tomorrow morning regarding my Archon beta testing. I will get an answer for you on what is up with their lack of response. Stay tuned...

OP
OP
huskerreefatl

huskerreefatl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be talking to one of the techs at DA tomorrow morning regarding my Archon beta testing. I will get an answer for you on what is up with their lack of response. Stay tuned...

Thanks Dave. Your 300g build is awesome by the way....

DaveMorris

MACNA2016 Co-Chair
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PM sent for a little more info. And thanks for the compliments on my 130g. I desperately need to post some updates.

elmexotics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should have received your complete new system, that I personally calibrated everything for you so that it was plug and play for you. I apologize that ups lost the first replacement we sent you

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back